• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2000 SVT Contour Full 3L Install (the Beginning)

Holy crap Kaos! I have never come close to grinding one up that much on any builds, nor have I seen one like that! :shocked: From an engineering standpoint, you really compromised the structural integrity of that thing. Will it be fine? Probably. But that is just crazy!

The Monster is alive!!!!!! as for completely back together not yet. in the morning. I have to use the stock y-pipe as I've been unable to get the cat apart from the cat back so for now I will just use the stock y-pipe:cry:

I can not wait to drive this car for real as I've still not driven a contour on the street let alone my 3LCSVT

The Monster is alive!!!!!! as for completely back together not yet. in the morning. I have to use the stock y-pipe as I've been unable to get the cat apart from the cat back so for now I will just use the stock y-pipe:cry:

I can not wait to drive this car for real as I've still not driven a contour on the street let alone my 3LCSVT

Congrats on getting it started, i had no idea it was you at reebs the other day....you should of gotten on the phone. Thanks for the inch lb's over the phone.

You might actually meet your goal of getting on the road by tomorrow :)

Congrats on getting it started, i had no idea it was you at reebs the other day....you should of gotten on the phone. Thanks for the inch lb's over the phone.

You might actually meet your goal of getting on the road by tomorrow :)

Harrry I had no idea it was you asking for torque specs... I new them as I had just torqued the UIM the night before.....

the car is indeed on the Road... if only with 6 CELs

the most concerning of which are P0300 (misfire detected) P0304 (misfire cylinder 4) P0305 (Misfire cylinder 5) the others were oxygen sensor bank 1 sensor 1 slow to respond, bank one running lean, and insufficiant flow exaust gas recirculation..... (DTSE)

any how it is running and idling which I consider a miracle as that usually means no vacuum leaks....

no fluids seam to be leaking I may have an exhasut leak though thats what I get for reusing the old gasket off the taurus motor...

I will see if I can address the misfire... in the morning...

It was nice to meet Jared over a Reebs house. you guys are definately
great to talk to thanks again... Harry

Last edited:
awesome! congrats! sucks your first drive will most likely be in the snow :blackeye:

Lucked out with the snow not to much to deal with.... I can't wait to get thing running right as I'm already needing to watch the mph and it is doggy.

post a sound clip!

that would be cool I haven't done it yet and I will have to see what I can do about that..... never done it before...

It is running right now. It turned out with the confusion(and late nights) of rotating the coil so that it was mounted correctly I skrewed up the firing order so a quick check and a swap of several wires in the wrong place got rid of all the CEL's and it sure feels like a rocket now. it sounds pretty good and is a blast to drive..... haven't had any problems yet. noticed a vacum line routed wrong and fixed that while I was at it now I need to do the moosing fix and I still need to install the y-pipe which I hope adds even more go power.... good thing these have cruise control.

all in all very happy with how this turned out.

I was waiting for you to post about your plug wire mix up! :) Now get that Y pipe thrown up on or else it is coming back to my garage to go on my Silverfrost with the popped motor.

I was waiting for you to post about your plug wire mix up! :) Now get that Y pipe thrown up on or else it is coming back to my garage to go on my Silverfrost with the popped motor.

start on the poor neglected silver frost then?

ha I do need to get that y pipe on I'm sure it will be a big improvement but heck the way it is rocks my world.

wife is threatening me if I spend any more time on the car. she's feeling neglected. oh and she already stole the keys from me a couple times. might just be because I scare her when I drive. :laugh:

start on the poor neglected silver frost then?

ha I do need to get that y pipe on I'm sure it will be a big improvement but heck the way it is rocks my world.

wife is threatening me if I spend any more time on the car. she's feeling neglected. oh and she already stole the keys from me a couple times. might just be because I scare her when I drive. :laugh:

The kid at heart is coming out of you.:cool:

Great to hear it's still running great and nothing bad has happened. Enjoy it now before the snow comes.

Oh that..... y-pipe will def make that car feel alive.

The kid at heart is coming out of you.:cool:

Great to hear it's still running great and nothing bad has happened. Enjoy it now before the snow comes.

Oh that..... y-pipe will def make that car feel alive.

Thanks Harrry.... the snow deffinately makes it less fun but mostly the 35mph-45mph roads as this car is not built for that slow of speeds

still haven't installed the y-pipe yet... I need to get up the motivation but it is hard when the cars runs so well and is so much fun.... though I'll admit if I had money a turbo would be a nice addition.... time for my break in oil change is coming up though... maybe I can convince myself to do the y-pipe

Just sell me the Y-pipe, I'll help you fight that temptation! :)

Looks like you have 3L swaps in your future. lots of em..... as for the y-pipe not happening in single digit temps..... but it will be going in and I'll be keeping it as it is sweet!!!!!!!!

Looks like you have 3L swaps in your future. lots of em..... as for the y-pipe not happening in single digit temps..... but it will be going in and I'll be keeping it as it is sweet!!!!!!!!

Where did you pick it up & what company is it made by? I need everything for my car from the block to the rear bumper?

3L swaps in the future! HA! Past, present & future, I do a 3L swap for breakfast once a week! :)

Where did you pick it up & what company is it made by? I need everything for my car from the block to the rear bumper?

3L swaps in the future! HA! Past, present & future, I do a 3L swap for breakfast once a week! :)

We all know your the man with the master plan Ob1..Hats off to you for helping soo man others with their 3l's. And for helping me with those parts i needed asap.

Ob1 you don't need a y-pipe....you have true duals old chap.

Back