• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

focus head

epicpwn

CEG'er
ive looked at the mod list and it says you can put a focus head on on a contour block but what modifcation do you need to do?

it depends, do you have a pre98 or 98+ Contour? they both require a bit of work but its different between the 2. the pre98 has a different timing belt setup so you have to figure out which one to use and how to set it up. the 98+ has VCT so the PCM needs to be tuned since it will no longer have it.

so that the only thing i have to is just change the computer fro my contour? and how would i change the computer so it work without vct

you would have to get it retuned. all in all it would be more expensive and you wouldn't gain anything from it. might as well just get a new post 98 zetec head and throw it on

well wouldnt it be better in the long run just becuase there more parts out for the focus motors then anything else and i can upgrade that cams and all that stuff easly if i had a focus head and how much would it be to retune my computer and where would i get it done at?

well wouldnt it be better in the long run just becuase there more parts out for the focus motors then anything else and i can upgrade that cams and all that stuff easly if i had a focus head and how much would it be to retune my computer and where would i get it done at?
Dont bother installing the Focus head unless you have a reason to need a new head (warped, cracked, etc). even then, unless you have the funds to go ahead and install cams, cam gears, and get a tune, its not really worth it.

I have a Pre-98 and I thought about installing the Focus Head. I had an awesome price on a head. Just like Strikers says if your going to do it's it all or nothing. The head I was looking at was ported, polished and coated. I decided not to do it right now.

No offense but it sounds like you have a lot to learn before you even consider a head swap.

Never said I was a expert just put in my 2cents. Since you have so much knowledge with doing a head swap why don't you help the CERer out. You can tell him what you know instead of telling me what you think I don't know.

Never said I was a expert just put in my 2cents. Since you have so much knowledge with doing a head swap why don't you help the CERer out. You can tell him what you know instead of telling me what you think I don't know.
I think he was talking about the OP, not you. :shrug:

I think he was talking about the OP, not you. :shrug:

Yea definitely talking to OP. Sorry for any confusion.

Don't screw with a Focus head. Like other said, it's not worth it considering your VCT. Just buy a Focus supercharger, bolt it up and get it tuned. Both the JRSC and the Powerworks will work. You can also tune it yourself with the SCT pro-race software mentioned above.

In a weekend, you could be running 200HP.

Troll the Focus forums For Sale forums for a used one.

No, a Focus turbo kit won't bolt up without MAJOR modification.

BP

well from looking at focus turbo headers and the header off my zetec and looking at the bolt pattren and it looks the same unless im missing something and i can do the head swap its not that hard just i wanted to know what moddifcation you need to do

Back