• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I don't feel like looking in the wheel/tire section.

Lol, why don't I just give you my E1's with some worn and dead tires on them for your E1's with tires already mounted and call it even? :laugh:

I would, but those E1s are my winter wheels due to the pitting caused by an autobody shop I used. They stripped the finish in front of me! Long day and even longer story. In short, no you wouldn't want these wheels and I would feel bad doing a straight up trade.

Even with the KDWS on the Impreza, I haven't ventured out. I've shoveled twice and used tons of salt. Of course, its all covered and you can't tell I did anything! I would like to go out, once the damn sleet stops!

I would, but those E1s are my winter wheels due to the pitting caused by an autobody shop I used. They stripped the finish in front of me! Long day and even longer story. In short, no you wouldn't want these wheels and I would feel bad doing a straight up trade.

Even with the KDWS on the Impreza, I haven't ventured out. I've shoveled twice and used tons of salt. Of course, its all covered and you can't tell I did anything! I would like to go out, once the damn sleet stops!

lol the ones i gave him arent in the best of shape either. they were my winter rims as well.

I can't speak for the snows Paul reccomended (I'd imagine they are) , but the Blizzaks & Graspics are studless ice/snow tires , which really helps . Super soft & work pretty well , but bad weather is bad weather :( . Good to hear you made it home OK .

Tell Steph to take it easy out there & that they're not performance tires ;) .

I have the WinterSports. http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...3&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&place=4
Of course they are on sale now.
It's just plain bad out there, no matter what tires you have on.

Steph stayed home. She said it started to sleet and wasn't risking an accident.

The details of my adventure:

OMG, the roads are terrible! I couldn't even keep the car straight. I thought for sure I was going to have to abandon my car and walk back home. :help:
I managed to keep her moving and decided that I was only going around the block, went through two stop signs (with good visibility) just to keep the car going.
Finally got back to my driveway and wasn't sure I was going to make it back into the garage. :shocked:
Now the SVT is going to stay where she is, in the garage safe and sound.

Stay home if you can!!!

Got what you wished for? :p :p :p :D

I had to break out the truck. :nonono: I freaking hate this weather.
Doug, when are we moving to NC?? :laugh: :laugh:
I think somebody I work with just got a job in NC, I asked her to take my resume with me. :)

I took the Impreza out tonight and was doing some donuts at the end of the block. Whee!!! One of my neighbors looked at me and shook her head. :crazy:

I guess so. I just don't like the ice part.

Back