• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Mirko Duraflex and Carbon Fiber splitters GB# 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soemone that has Steves email shoot him a message that we've got a good crowd over here ready to commit. I think I read somewhere that it takes them a few months to get them made. If we get it going now there is a possibility we could have them by SZ...small...but possible :)

I emailed him just now....see whats going on for you guys. I would love to buy another CF as a spare....but I have two splitters as it is. lol So I am just the messenger to get the ball rolling. Steve is a busy guy though fellas, be patient. He WILL do what he says he is going to do though....very good dude to work with.

I caught my fiberglass mirko on the garage reversing out, for the second time. Its pretty fubar I can fix it but this will just happen again.

If you guys get the ball rolling put me down for a duraflex one.

Let us start the list, I am going to contact Steve by phone, I have his number, if you are interested, please place your CEG username, remember, this is for DURAFLEX ONLY:

1. jumijc

I see now. I must have missed this explanation and saw another. I'm curious if anyone has any pics of them "spaced" out. I like the look of the wrap around. Thanks dlphnfn!

Here is my original thread on the prototype fitment, which is what the blem batch fits like. LINK

^^ Solid review.

Going back a few pages, I'm still a bit confused as to whether or not changes have been made to the mold. Steve said yes, Z06 said no... where do we stand? Have the molds been revised since the first blem batch?

^^ Solid review.

Going back a few pages, I'm still a bit confused as to whether or not changes have been made to the mold. Steve said yes, Z06 said no... where do we stand? Have the molds been revised since the first blem batch?

From what I read if IRCC, the original batch of splitters made had a wrap around that was a half an inch or so too long. These splitters were blemished hence the 'blem' label. (there are still a few of these left over available for a discount until they are sold off.). After the first batch of 'blems' were made, the mold was reworked to allow the wrap around to fit tighter and more snug to the bumper, which is now the 'non-blems' because they fit much better. Since then, the mold has not been reworked/remade. At least that's what I understand what happened.

Also I would be ready to buy and have the money to pay for a duraflex splitters in a group buy so I guess I'm #6!

1. jumijc
2. Daven
3. Sneezer
4. SloCSTV
5. offthewallds
6. bigboyricky93

YES!!!! lol. The mold has been revised and fixed since the first blems. I have had every version Mirko and ED splitter they make for these cars (fiberglass, duraflex, carbon fiber).

Now back to adding your names to the list. Get on it guys!!

YES!!!! lol. The mold has been revised and fixed since the first blems. I have had every version Mirko and ED splitter they make for these cars (fiberglass, duraflex, carbon fiber).

Now back to adding your names to the list. Get on it guys!!

LMAO! I hear ya, i've been trying to get this going for awhile thanks for stepping in and taking charge. Anyway 79mustang, do you know the lead time on these after we place th eGB order? I've got the money now thats not what i'm worried about. I'm just wondering if there is a chance we could have these by SZ. Thanks brotha!

You guys will have these alot quicker than the first group buy and dealing with the blems. And definately be rolling with them on and painted before SZ13. The mold has been tweaked...and they are cranking out some really nice fitting pieces. They just take a little patience and know how if you get a carbon fiber one (maybe some cussing and a few beers)....but they do fit awesome once they are on.

I will let Steve do the rest of the talking now. Good luck fellas...if anybody needs install help or ideas...PM me. I also offer bodywork and paint services (its what I do).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back