• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Mirko Duraflex and Carbon Fiber splitters GB# 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
not yet. i will post up a new thread for it this week. ive just been swamped. we have a bunch of group buys going on right now and a big sale so i havent got to this one yet.

I look forward to seeing the new Gb thread! Stoked to get in on this!

oo yes.. only thing that would make me even more happy is if we had a combined GB for a mirko and the CF trunks with the spoiler... I cant think of any better use of carbon fiber than those trunks!!!!

IDK. I like the CF trunk, but not a fan of the spoiler on it. Maybe if it was more of a "lip" spoiler that extended off the rear a little bit, I would consider it.

call me crazy but i think an EVO IX style vortex generator bar would look sic on our cars.. imagine that side profile with a mirko and the VG's at the rear roof line...

I've already looked, the single universal ones looks tacky and no one makes just a universal bar with VG's on it to modify for any car..

Hey guy's, I apologize for not being on here much lately. I've been SUPER busy with my Vette parts. The mold has not been changed, but keep in mind, these parts are hand made, so they will always differ a bit. Im not sure if this will work as I know the carbon is really stuff, but I was told that a heat gun might work to get it at least somewhat pliable that way you can squeeze it on. It's worth a shot. We definitely don't want them loose, I mean that was the whole point of getting them remade in the first place so they fit tight.

Ill try a heat gun....... But I didnt expect it to be this hard. I tried for at least a good 45 minutes to get it on. Mind you on a bumper that is NOT on the car and is completely bendable to try and squeeze and fit into the carbon mirko. I am willing to buy another just to make it easy on myself. I would like to take this mirko on and off multiple times of the year, during car shows, meets, etc. I have an original Mirko that I will daily. But it is proving extremely hard to just make the switch......

Ill keep everyone updated.

Wanted to know if the mold has changed? I purchased a carbon one during the first GB and just recently test fitted this since my car is getting painted... It is EXTREMELY HARD to get the carbon around the bottom of the bumper as it is SUPER tight and snug. If I push it hard, I am either going to get stress cracks or it will break.

Need to know whats the best remedy for this.

If it does fit very tightly, I hope it doesn't shatter into pieces the moment it comes into contact with the pavement or an object since it is already under pressure/stress.

Have any pictures you can share with us?

Its only like $500. Isnt that the price some of these guys buy a whole CSVT for...... SMH. I will take pics next time I am at the shop and take the lip with me. I leave the lip with me as I dont trust it in the shop with all the people not caring about others stuff!

Ill try a heat gun....... But I didnt expect it to be this hard. I tried for at least a good 45 minutes to get it on. Mind you on a bumper that is NOT on the car and is completely bendable to try and squeeze and fit into the carbon mirko. I am willing to buy another just to make it easy on myself. I would like to take this mirko on and off multiple times of the year, during car shows, meets, etc. I have an original Mirko that I will daily. But it is proving extremely hard to just make the switch......

Ill keep everyone updated.

Let me talk to manufacturing about this. Get me some pix of the fit or even a video of you trying to get it on with the bumper off the car would be great. I may be able to get manufacturing to replace it. As with anything, it could have been defective. Well, not necessarily defective but a bit too tight causing the fitment issues. If they determine that to be the case im sure we can get a replacement for you. Send pix to hwyhntrz06@yahoo.com

Let me talk to manufacturing about this. Get me some pix of the fit or even a video of you trying to get it on with the bumper off the car would be great. I may be able to get manufacturing to replace it. As with anything, it could have been defective. Well, not necessarily defective but a bit too tight causing the fitment issues. If they determine that to be the case im sure we can get a replacement for you. Send pix to hwyhntrz06@yahoo.com

I wonder if a lot of the non-blems are tight. I have to give my DF one quite the stretch and pull to get it on. Actually I pretty much put one side on, put the bolt in just to hold, go to the other side pull the top of the wrap around part out get it over the back of the bumper and "tap" it the rest of the way up with my hand. Not sure how better to describe that.. It's like they're just like a 1/8 to 1/4 to short on the sides.

This is not a complaint on my part, just adding some info, however, mine takes no where near 45 minutes to get on maybe 10, but that could be the difference between CF and DF and having the bumper on\off the car.

Last edited:
I have a non-blem and its pretty tight. Mine is a regular duraflex not the CF so I'm not worried about it shattering but it is tighter than I expected

DF can easily be reworked. And its supposed to be super flexible as well as its a part that can get painted. If something happens with DF. I mean it sucks but you can easily fiberglass or add some body filler and paint over with no one ever knowing something happened. Unfortunately thats not the case with Carbon. If it breaks it will NEED to be fiberglassed and painted. I didnt get it to be light. I got it for aesthetic reasons. I already have a Mirko that is painted body color for daily usage.

Ill be at the shop on Saturday. I will make sure to take my lip and take pics of me putting it on. I am no professional body man, but even my professional body man who has done unbelievable work in front of me said this has a high chance a breaking, but he will try to get it on. He never tried as I never gave him the chance with a possibility to break it. If anything I would prefer to modify it myself.

DF can easily be reworked. And its supposed to be super flexible as well as its a part that can get painted. If something happens with DF. I mean it sucks but you can easily fiberglass or add some body filler and paint over with no one ever knowing something happened. Unfortunately thats not the case with Carbon. If it breaks it will NEED to be fiberglassed and painted. I didnt get it to be light. I got it for aesthetic reasons. I already have a Mirko that is painted body color for daily usage.

Ill be at the shop on Saturday. I will make sure to take my lip and take pics of me putting it on. I am no professional body man, but even my professional body man who has done unbelievable work in front of me said this has a high chance a breaking, but he will try to get it on. He never tried as I never gave him the chance with a possibility to break it. If anything I would prefer to modify it myself.

while you're at it include a few more of that engine bay.. i feel like drooling a bit!

On the serious note, i'm ready to put my name in for a DF one, and I've got another buddy here in the Fort that's not on the forum yet that will want in as well.

I got my carbon fiber one and LOVE IT!!! SO BADAZZ looking. Very nice work on these for the price. Not perfect by no means...but very nice for that price.

I am a professional bodyman and painter....and I had a helluva time getting this CF one on my bumper...with the cover OFF the car even. I contemplated cutting the wrap arounds off, but couldnt bring myself to do it...as the wrap arounds and CF was my reason for purchase. Well I put the right side of the CF mirko on....and then flexed the •••• out of the bumper cover and the CF wrap around on the driver (left) side of the bumper cover. It spidered a bit on the wrap around...a few stress cracks in the clear...but this seems to be the only way to get these on! And this was a trial fit before I repaint my front bumper cover after shaving the license plate holes...and fixing where a racoon decided to kill himself with my cars nose. lol

I am worried about how bad this CF will tear my new paint up getting this thing on again....because I tore the hell out of the old paint test fitting this thing. I may modify those oval holes on the bottom of the bumper cover where you cant see when the car is on the ground....and allow the cover to flex that much more....idk. Need some ideas that dont involve cutting the AWESOME looking wrap arounds off. They make that angle side view of the wheel well so much better looking and more complete than my chopped off fiberglass Mirko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back