• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pet Peeves.

a bicycle !

my dad was pulled over by a cop when he was riding his bicycle.
the cop cited him for:
-Obscene hand gestures
-Disobeying traffic laws(running a stop sign)
-Illegal lane change

My dad was riding his bike home from work when a man in a jeep cut him off and hit his brakes pretty hard. ran my dad right off the road. naturally, my dad was pretty pissed. he blew through the next stop sign(where a cop was at the intersection), swerved to the middle lane(no hand signals), gave the driver of the jeep the finger and told him to go :censored::censored::censored::censored: himself. as soon as the jeep pulled away, the cop flicked his lights and got my dad

Next time I see your dad, I'm going to laugh and tell him that I heard about the "bike incident". :D

Trust me, having a slow car doesn't help with road rage. I'm quite possibly the biggest jerkoff on the the road, and my car is SO slow.

for some reason, I find that story really amusing...pulling over a bicyclist, lol...

It's even funnier when it's the other way around. I watched a policeman on a mountain bike pull over a car on the main drag down by Virginia Beach. I lol'd.

It's even funnier when it's the other way around. I watched a policeman on a mountain bike pull over a car on the main drag down by Virginia Beach. I lol'd.

Haha this happened on this past Sunday's Top Gear... Clarkson was in a Corvette ZR1 and got pulled over by a bike cop... and said "I didn't know you were a real policeman" man did that cop get PO'd.

A couple of weeks ago a guy riding his bike my street took a dive. A neighbor called the cops and the ambulance. Cops show up, ID the guy and arrest him for DUI. The dumb ass was caught riding his bike DUI three times, this was the fourth.
Of course, his license is suspended for DUI so he took to riding his bike and continued doing the DUI thing. Had he been on the sidewalk when he fell, he wouldn't have been charged again.

Some people aren't very smart.

A couple of weeks ago a guy riding his bike my street took a dive. A neighbor called the cops and the ambulance. Cops show up, ID the guy and arrest him for DUI. The dumb ass was caught riding his bike DUI three times, this was the fourth.
Of course, his license is suspended for DUI so he took to riding his bike and continued doing the DUI thing. Had he been on the sidewalk when he fell, he wouldn't have been charged again.

Some people aren't very smart.

Wouldn't that technically be a BUI? :laugh:

:laugh:

Come to think of it, I haven't seen the DUI bike boy around. Wonder if he's doing some time for being a repeat offender. :shrug:

I've come to the conclusion that there are a lot of ignorant drivers out there. Some are willfully trying to cut people off, others are just idiots that were never taught how to properly drive.
They're never going to change, never going to learn.

Riding their arse, swearing, flipping them the bird will get you nowhere. They'll just give you that blank stare like "wtf is his problem?" or they'll think you're the one that caused the problem in the first place and the situation will escalate.
It's all a waste of time and effort to inflict revenge or try to get them to see the err in their ways.
It's best to just take a breath, say to yourself "another ignorant fool destined to die in a crash" let off the pedal a bit to let him get far away from you, and relish in knowing you're the better man/driver.

and definitely leave earlier so you're not in a rush like those ignorant tools destined to die in a friggin car fire!!!!!!! :bah:
:D

How about it!

I had some lady pull out of a side road and almost crash into me the other day, she lays on the horn, gives me the finger and is spouting all kinds of crap at me... I LMAO at her.
I had a line of traffic behind me so I swerved around her, I had no choice but to go around her, she was facing and close to my passenger side. The rest of the traffic followed, we left her sitting in the middle of the road, no one would let her go. Oh, I think I forgot to mention that she was on her cell phone. :troutslap:

Really, you go through a stop sign from a side street and you freak out on someone that is on a main road and has the right of way. What the hell is wrong with people these days?? Unreal!

Every day we've got a woman that drives down our street on her way to work, she puts on her make-up. :crazy:

people who forget to turn their high beams off. or those that wait until after they are blinding you coming down the road to turn their high beams off instead of looking for the signs and doing it before you see the other driver.

Hm, mainly ignorance and arrogance, especially when in combination.

Although driving wise, I hate people who don't turn on their HLs in weathr like today, pouring rain, and very very overcast.

Also, the road rage thing doesn't work, just do what I do, curse them out, call them all sorts of names in your car, if you ride with me on the highway you will hear some of the worst insults come out of my mouth almost every second. My mom was riding with me a couple months ago and said: Daniel, settle down. and I just turned to her in the middle of a rant and said: Would you rather I do something dangerous like tailgate him or high-beam him? and her answer was no, so I said: Well, then let me blow off some steam.

It really works, try it.

My main beef is just simply that on most people these days, the brain is used for no other purpose than to improve stereo separation of the ears. Or as a hat rack. I mean come on, in the last few days I've had:

• I open a door at the post office to exit and a lady tries to jump in thru it. There are two doors, one for "out" and one for "in". We briefly occupied the same Einsteinian point in time-and-space and she gave ME the look like I was in the wrong. When I pointed to the IN/OUT designations she got all huffy.
  • People who can't use turn signals. Yup folks, the auto companies put them there just because they'd have all these spares left over otherwise.
  • "Lying" as stated in the first post is becoming endemic. Just "little white lies". People get upset when you actually hold them to what they said they were going to do. I've always been good at my word, regardless of the personal cost. If I say I'll do it, I do it.

Hm, mainly ignorance and arrogance, especially when in combination.

Although driving wise, I hate people who don't turn on their HLs in weathr like today, pouring rain, and very very overcast.

Also, the road rage thing doesn't work, just do what I do, curse them out, call them all sorts of names in your car, if you ride with me on the highway you will hear some of the worst insults come out of my mouth almost every second. My mom was riding with me a couple months ago and said: Daniel, settle down. and I just turned to her in the middle of a rant and said: Would you rather I do something dangerous like tailgate him or high-beam him? and her answer was no, so I said: Well, then let me blow off some steam.

It really works, try it.

Sometimes it works for me... Two weeks ago, i drove for the first time in months. I was all relaxed and just having a good time, enjoying driving my car. Then some asshole, he just set me off. My friend is in the car with me so I was trying to behave, but it was too late. I looked at her and said, im sorry. She just laughed at me. I hadnt had any road rage since like June cause of the lack of driving, but this guy pissed me off enough that i just went off.

Back