• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Post Your/Cool Shift Knobs.

knobby1.JPG

knobby2.JPG

speed holes...its stainless steel and it weighs 13 oz.
knobby3.JPG

OK, where do I get one?

I'm still lookin' for my SVT and I already want to buy a shift knob like this....

-jkpq45

No, really?

I want one to be custom made like that for my own use.

This is the thought process that goes into posting "where do I get one," not "is this custom made?"

-jkpq45

well excuse me, some members are not as well informed as you. and i was just stating a fact. i meant that was not a GB or anything.

OK, where do I get one?

I'm still lookin' for my SVT and I already want to buy a shift knob like this....

-jkpq45

as stated, and as you knew, my knob was custom made.
i had it made at eh machine shop i worked at.
the lathe operator was awesome, i handed him the stock know and said make me a new one, and the basic shape you see is what he turned out in about 20 minutes.
i then drew up the SVT and build number in CAD and gave that to the programmer who then cut the SVT on a CNC mill.

so your best bet is to head to machine shop and ask if it is something they could do.
it wont be cheap though

Anyone have a P/N?

you can get it from Bill Jenkins... I emailed him for the part numbers on both of the alum shift knobs.

The part # you want is 1S8Z-7213-BB List $66.27 Inet $49.34 This is black with aluminum insert.

There is one that is the same, but with contrasting red stitching, 1S7Z-7213-A List $54.10 Inet $40.28

I ordered the one with the red stitching as well... its listed as being in stock on their website but I havent gotten it yet (ordered on Monday)

Back