• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Post Your/Cool Shift Knobs.

here is my ford racing knob...
IMG_0844.jpg

IMG_0842.jpg

IMG_0846.jpg

IMG_0840.jpg

1011.jpg

1014.jpg

I really like Momo knobs.Tried a different combo this time.Probably going to get a Momo boot in the near future since it will connect directly to the knob.

Most likely will get a e-brake boot to see if it would be a little longer.Of course the Momo handle has to be shorter than the stock cover so the boot pulls taught and left a gap.Needed to fab a spacer for it.Ok for now I guess.

Pedals aren't a matching set but I like them the best out of what I've seen.

rich

^^^Don't knock it 'till you've tried it.Hot sun down here.Cold air blowing out of the vents.No oils and dirt getting on the wheel and knobs.

rich

i still don't understand why people need gloves.
i mean sometimes my hands have oil and grease on them from working on a car, but i just wash my hands or just drive. my hands don't slide all over the wheel.
and it gets hot here to.

i just don't think i could ever use them.

i still don't understand why people need gloves.
i mean sometimes my hands have oil and grease on them from working on a car, but i just wash my hands or just drive. my hands don't slide all over the wheel.
and it gets hot here to.

i just don't think i could ever use them.

First let me say I don't use gloves either.....but....let me play devil's advocate. Here in AZ, the sun shines all day long, 300 days out of the year. In the middle of summer, temps are consistently 110°F+. The inside of a car can easily get above 130°F, and any metal/plastic in the direct sunlight can reach 160°F+ easily. To give comparison, eggs become firm at 158°F, so you could easily cook an egg on your shifter in AZ! :crazy:

Gloves don't seem like such a lame option anymore.....now do they? :eek:

i still wouldn't use gloves. Just learn to put something other your shiftknob then...i've done that when i had a metal shift knob about 4 yrs ago in the pgt for the coldness. which i'd rather do then wear gloves. but to each their own

i still wouldn't use gloves. Just learn to put something other your shiftknob then...i've done that when i had a metal shift knob about 4 yrs ago in the pgt for the coldness. which i'd rather do then wear gloves. but to each their own

Maybe someone could get a GB going on cute little knitted socks for our Voodoo knobs? :crazy: j.k.

I just deal with the 2nd degree burns :laugh:

Just learn to put something other your shiftknob then...i've done that when i had a metal shift knob about 4 yrs ago in the pgt for the coldness.

I'm not saying that I would ever wear gloves, but cold is different that hot. Having your black (not in a Contour...) steering wheel give you first degree burns is a little different...

eh i grabbed a hot steering wheel before and yea it kinda stung, but the only time it made a big deal, i just moved my hand to the bottom of the steering wheel and it wasn't as hot....

I think i would where gloves when i would be drag racing. My hands get soo sweaty when i'm at the track. Can't hold back my nervousness i guess. :)

Nice job on the Hurst cgumn.

Just did a little work on mine.Wasn't feeling the brightness of the Airmetal.
A little gloss black and I like it much better.What do you think?

The original pics are back just a few posts.

interior001.jpg

Really need some new boots.

rich

My brother has an ST and his knob is the same as the Cougar Anniversary knob I have except he has red stitching and mine is black, which matches the SVT interior better.
-J

Back