• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Post Your/Cool Shift Knobs.

yeah your resourceful..... here's how i found my ST knob.

"steve, got any cool shift knobs?"

"go back there and find one you like"

"word"

haha. i love living like a half hour from steve's desk.

But it was at my house less than 24 hours after ordering it. :laugh:

yeah. steve es da sheet.

they have UPS come there like three times a day, so it probably got shipped out once he hung up the phone with you. lol

man i have to get me one of those focus ST knobs! imo the best looking shift knob. i dont see how people can deal with a chrome/metal shift knob.

hurst shifters rock

hurst shifters rock

I've got one of these for my 84GT but it would fit 79-86 mustangs with center consoler but I chose it because it was cool and it came with the plastic bezel I needed for my 5spd conversion. maybe some day I'll finish it...:laugh:

Yes, this is a Hurst to fit an '84 Mustang, but that's not the point here. Ideally, I would love to have a Hurst chrome lever and white ball handle that fit the SVT. I think it would look sharp. Alas, you're out of luck unless you find someone to weld it to the existing assembly. Looks like I'll stay with the stock setup.
huu-3910035_w.jpg

man i have to get me one of those focus ST knobs! imo the best looking shift knob. i dont see how people can deal with a chrome/metal shift knob.
I agree, best knob for our cars but I just want people to know the ST knob has red stiching while the '02 Cougar knob I bought is the same w/o the red stitching.

Purdy:
Someone recently adapted that Hurst shift handle/knob into a Contour.
Looked good.
-J

Damm, I really want a Focus ST knob now.

And I could have picked one up this summer when I was in London for a month! So many Mondeos and focus['s].

Then again I didn't have a car to put it on until 1 month ago...:laugh:

Got this shift knob from a guy off the Bullitt forum...He sold me some SVT mats and threw the shift knob for free......Thought I would post it....

Attachments

• various 022.jpg
    various 022.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 0

Sorry for bringing the old thread back, but do you know if Steve @ Tousley Ford still take orders? I guess that's pretty much the only place to get the OEM Cougar shift knob #1S8Z-7213-BB

If not, I'll try a shot at the Focus ST knob, but I'm not really into the red stitching...

Just FYI, I just got off the phone with Steve, that particular part# is discontinued.
They do have the same knob under a different part number, but it's $61.52. It's not in stock but it's just a couple day to get it from the warehouse.
I don't have the part number now but I'll add it as soon as I receive it.
Alternate is the Focus ST one with red stitching at 39$.

brought this back from the dead lol...........05-09 mustang gt shift knob.....sorry my camera is from back in the day and my interior is dirty lol. shifter was cut so shift knob would sit real low,i didnt like how tall the stock shifter sat

DSC00148..JPGDSC00147..JPG

^^^
+1 on the above mustang knob. i have tried several (4 or 5 different knobs) most oem fords and a couple aftermarket. non feels as good as this 05+ mustang knob. this knob is current mated to a CFM short shifter kit with it at the lowest setting and a shortened shifter shaft. it makes the shifts feel crisp and precise. gonna keep this on for a bit me thinks~

Back