• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Video of Blitz Exhaust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't need to be too harsh. I have modded my car slightly, not much more than him. He's just got a body kit on me :shrug:. I mean, I've got the SVT cat-back and am installing the Focus intake soon. It's not really that ricey seeing as it's only costing me a little over $100 total...:rolleyes:

Step 1 towards not being a ricer: Don't waste time modding a base model anything

that doesnt make any sense... ive seen plenty of clean modded import cars that started as base models. on the honda-tech forum, rice is looked down on and there are a couple people running 13's with turboed LS integras (the base model) and plenty of clean base model civic hatches with b16 and b18 motor swaps.
there are also a couple members here who have base model contours with 3L motor swaps

Don't need to be too harsh. I have modded my car slightly, not much more than him. He's just got a body kit on me :shrug:. I mean, I've got the SVT cat-back and am installing the Focus intake soon. It's not really that ricey seeing as it's only costing me a little over $100 total...:rolleyes:

Well all I have on my car are rims $400, body kit $150, focus intake $30, and Koni schocks+Eibach Coilovers $600. Well basically I got new rims because I sold my old one and as for the suspension, my stock was really bad so might as well ebay the koni+ebach set rather than brand new OEM. :shrug:

that doesnt make any sense... ive seen plenty of clean modded import cars that started as base models. on the honda-tech forum, rice is looked down on and there are a couple people running 13's with turboed LS integras (the base model) and plenty of clean base model civic hatches with b16 and b18 motor swaps.
there are also a couple members here who have base model contours with 3L motor swaps

Yeah I agree with you. One of my friend have a 240 s13 (cheapest model), he worked on it for 2 years and now that thing is a drift machine now.

I'd LOOOVE to know who's swapped a V6 into a 4cyl. You do know that requires swapping the subframe (I think), right?

i was thinking of the SE modeks with the V6. but who knows, someone could put a turbo or a supercharger on it, i have seen a vid of a supercharged zetec contour.

Step 1 towards not being a ricer: Don't waste time modding a base model anything

FU:p you are constantly putting down the zetec. WHY?

turbo zetec contour. yes i built it, yes its faster than a 2.5 and some 3L contours, yes it cost less than most SVTs.

Now i will admit that at the moment the SVT body kit is not painted to match the car. does that make it rice? :p

Last edited:
FU:p you are constantly putting down the zetec. WHY?
My Zetec Contours are a couple of the slowest cars I've driven.

turbo zetec contour. yes i built it, yes its faster than a 2.5 and some 3L contours, yes it cost less than most SVTs.

Now i will admit that at the moment the SVT body kit is not painted to match the car. does that make it rice? :p

Yes. But at least you have some knowledge and know-how, and your car is an MTX.

so quite :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:ing and do something about it. even just an exhaust and intake helps a lot on the zetec. if you have an ATX then thats your own damn fault. should have bought an MTX.

Oh, I did something about it. I bought an SVT. Nothing's worse than a crappy car with an exhaust screaming BWAAAAAAAAAAAA shift BWAAAAI'M TRYING TO GET OUT OF THE 17S BWAAAAAAAA shift FORTY-FIVE MILES AN HOURBWAAAAAAAAAA

Last edited:
purple just doesn't seem to grasp the zetec contours weren't made to be fast. They were made to be reliable, fuel efficient and a good daily driver. It's retards like him who try to race them, get mad because they are god awful slow, then talk them down every chance they get.. You drive an SVT, which is still slower then most factory cars now days. You really have no room to talk

Who cares if someone wants to mod there zetec, it's not your car so you should have no right ot talk them down or try to talk them out of it. Every chance you get you rag on the Zetec. You are one of the typical people who judge a car by its 0-60 and 1/4 mile time. Doesn't matter if it will last forever.. It's got to be fast!

purple just doesn't seem to grasp the zetec contours weren't made to be fast. They were made to be reliable, fuel efficient and a good daily driver. It's retards like him who try to race them, get mad because they are god awful slow, then talk them down every chance they get.. You drive an SVT, which is still slower then most factory cars now days. You really have no room to talk

Who cares if someone wants to mod there zetec, it's not your car so you should have no right ot talk them down or try to talk them out of it. Every chance you get you rag on the Zetec. You are one of the typical people who judge a car by its 0-60 and 1/4 mile time. Doesn't matter if it will last forever.. It's got to be fast!

Hahahaha. That was a beautifully contradictory post. Let's sum it up.

Paragraph 1: Stop making fun of Zetecs, they were NOT meant in any way, shape, or form to be fast.
Paragraph 2: People should be allowed to do whatever they want to with their cars, even mod one that was definitely not made to be fast.

And no, it's not "retards" like me that try and race Zetecs. I knew what I owned, I knew what it was capable of, and never pretended it was something it wasn't. And PUH-LEASE show me the data you apparently have showing that the average car sold today runs better than a ~15.4 1/4 mile like a stock SVT would...let alone low 14s like my 3.0 does. Oh wait, you're making an argument from an irrational, emotional standpoint, devoid of any data to back it up.

And secondly, yes I do care what people do to their cars. Why do most Hondas get very little respect today? Because tons of idiots think they can make their base model Civic a racecar by adding a muffler, intake, neons, and stickers. In general, Hondas have a phenomenal aftermarket and a lot of potential, but their reputation is ruined by idiots thinking they're driving something that they're really not.

In the same way, idiots taking an ATX Zetec, adding a $150 (still unpainted) body kit, stickerzzzzzz, rimzzzzzz, and whatever else they can find at AutoZone diminishes the Contour's reputation. It's already bad enough that I drive a grandma car, I don't need anyone's help in making it look worse.

But by all means, feel free to disregard any evidence I've provided or asked for and knee-jerk-react to this post and disagree with me based on the fact that you don't like me.

you beat me to it!

my exact same thoughts

In the same way, idiots taking an ATX Zetec, adding a $150 (still unpainted) body kit, stickerzzzzzz, rimzzzzzz, and whatever else they can find at AutoZone diminishes the Contour's reputation. It's already bad enough that I drive a grandma car, I don't need anyone's help in making it look worse.

ooookay, so? let him do it, his car, his taste he can do w/e the f**k he wants with it, don't like it don't look.

diminishes the Contour's reputation
what reputation is that?

edit: the exhaust sounds good, I'd get rid of the muffler and replace it with a decent magnaflow, or straight pipe. Car looks ok, not great, overall, it does need work. ::cool::

Last edited:
Hahahaha. That was a beautifully contradictory post. Let's sum it up.

Paragraph 1: Stop making fun of Zetecs, they were NOT meant in any way, shape, or form to be fast.
Paragraph 2: People should be allowed to do whatever they want to with their cars, even mod one that was definitely not made to be fast.

And no, it's not "retards" like me that try and race Zetecs. I knew what I owned, I knew what it was capable of, and never pretended it was something it wasn't. And PUH-LEASE show me the data you apparently have showing that the average car sold today runs better than a ~15.4 1/4 mile like a stock SVT would...let alone low 14s like my 3.0 does. Oh wait, you're making an argument from an irrational, emotional standpoint, devoid of any data to back it up.

And secondly, yes I do care what people do to their cars. Why do most Hondas get very little respect today? Because tons of idiots think they can make their base model Civic a racecar by adding a muffler, intake, neons, and stickers. In general, Hondas have a phenomenal aftermarket and a lot of potential, but their reputation is ruined by idiots thinking they're driving something that they're really not.

But by all means, feel free to disregard any evidence I've provided or asked for and knee-jerk-react to this post and disagree with me based on the fact that you don't like me.

Throw facts all day buddy, you are still a douche. Case closed.

what reputation is that?

I made that clear in my post already. It's a grandma's car. But at least it's not known as a ricey grandma's car...yet. But if a few people on these fora their have their way, that will change soon.

Throw facts all day buddy, you are still a douche. Case closed.

At least I'm a douche that's right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back