• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What did you do to your Contour today?

00svt..jpg

I got my SVT home for the 1st time, washed her up, cleaned up the headlights a little bit, tired to change the fuel filter, the clamp wasn't cooperating, hardware store was closed so left that alone for now, tired to change oil, plug was on too tight couldn't get it off, the vehicle had been sitting for some time (1.5-2 years) it has a coolant leak, I am thinking it is from the hose by just looking it, but not 100 percent sure.

Added Bonus: I checked the air filter, to see how bad it was, it turned out to have a K&N air filter!!

Attachments

• 00svt..jpg
    00svt..jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 0
Wednesday- installed the whiteface sticker for theAC/heat controls, Thursday- oil change. Coolant leak and exhaust leak fixed, Friday- ordered the antenna mast- (previous one was broke when I bought it) antenna motor still runs so I'll try just the antenna 1st. Today- epoxied the rear bumper bottom and headlight tabs, Tomorrow wash and wax & detail.

I drive it a whole 21 miles today.

:facepalm:

Just as fun as always. :)

5y5y3udu.jpg

photo (3)..JPG

Yesterday I went to my dad's yard and picked up a sunroof Motor and cover, 24V & SVT emblem, reverse light sockets, (The SVT I bought was missing one). K&N airfilter and a window switch for the Sunroof lighted switch mod to do at a later date. I installed the sunroof motor and cleaned and installed the new cover. Got a working sunroof now!!

shoe horned an Optima YT S 2.7 into my already overcrowded engine bay.

Can't believe a battery so small can crank out 450 - 500 amps !!

Haven't finished tidying up yet ... but fires up the car like a champ..... G.

I replaced my right cv axle. Broke the intermediate shaft.

I believe MC Skat Kat said it best - I take 2 steps forward, I take 2 steps back.

finally wired up my one touch up on the pass door. That relay has been sitting in a box for longer than i can remember. I now have one touch up and down on both front doors and one touch open and closing on the moonroof.

Next up, global closing ...G.

The SVT got an alignment at the shop today, also washed it, and scheduled an appointment to get the window tint redone next Wednesday! back window is bubbling and side windows have turned to a purple tint-yuck!

Attachments

• svt1363..jpg
    svt1363..jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 0
Broke the speedometer on the way to Sioux Falls to get my windows retinted in it tomorrow. Show my brother's father in law the SVT(around dusk) he thought it was a brand new car, he was amazed when I told him it was a 2000

Back