• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What did you do to your Contour today?

Looked at it while walking out of the house. Did research on some of the issues it's having. Wishing I had the $200 to replace the windshield so it can be driven again. Maybe doing a little work to it tonight.

Today i got my new car into the garage and started the brake overhaul. got all 4 wheels up and off and stripped everything down tommorow i start on the rusted brake lines:mad:

That sucks!!
Gf tried taking the Zetec to work this morning, battery was dead. tried the TBird, doors were locked.. .she got the SVT out of the garage

So I discovered that it has a timing chain, which is what I had initially thought. Someone told me they thought it had a timing belt though. I wonder what really is wrong with it then...

Took the SVT out of town for the first time since early September for the Minnesota Contour Meet!! bought dog food put it in the trunk and it took me about 10 minutes to close the trunk lid??? as I crawled into the back to try to find a way to bungee strap it down closed. I tried one time to close it once while laying in the trunk...and it closed. Weirdest thing ever. Normally if I use the switch in the car it does not latch the 1st time but always the 2nd time.. this time I used the key fob.

Yeah, I think I have it narrowed down to ignition coil, crankshaft position sensor, or wiring harness. Yikes.

Out of all of those items its most likely the wiring harness. The coils rarely have issues, same with the crank sensor. The wiring harness on the other hand ...

Had spark and fuel. Something in the bottom end is broken, and I'm not putting any more money into it. To the scrapyard it goes.

Wrapped my outside mirrors with carbon vinyl wrap. Tried to upload the pictures but it's giving me invalid file type. jpeg like I've always used.

Found rear brake cylinders leaking and once I solved that problem, the master cylinder gave out entirely. Brake shoes and pads never were replaced on the car. They were originals from the factory, which surprises me because at 156,000 miles, I would have expected them to have been replaced by now. Rear shoes were almost to metal to metal. Front were almost metal to metal.

I'm digging this look, how difficult was it to get the vinyl to conform to the mirror?

It looks as if the vinyl is in several pieces. Sure, the vinyl can be stretched, but the contours of the mirror at the top has complex curves that go in different directions. Very hard to wrap something around convex and complex curves.

What you are seeing is one continuous piece of vinyl. It's very difficult to do. It took me several times and several hours to do those mirrors. I started the wrap with the mirrors on the car then finished up after I took the glass out. You have to stretch the wrap before starting in order to make it work. I learned the hard way.

Back