• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Another CEG'r doing a MPV 3.0 swap

WTF is taking so long!!!

Sorry guys nothing today. The anticipation is killing me too. The in laws are moving outta state (to El Paso Texas) sunday so we helped pack all day and tomorrow might be the same way :( Sunday is another bummer I'm a double at the place I bartend at so it may be Monday before I even get started on it again.. I will post a picture of a plug tomorrow that I don't know where it plugs into other than that I got the back side of the harness to install including the alternator and the shift cables to hook up and it should be good to go...

Does the MPV UIM have IMRC butterfly valve?

Does the MPV UIM have IMRC butterfly valve?

Adding pics to this post in a minute, they are uploading but I asked this question to Sam (svttour) a while back he said he didn't know just to ignore it and I did until today and holy crap! Does the mpv 3L have a butterfly valve in the uim ? So can I potentially hook up my IMRC by modifying this valve? Or routing my plug to fit this plug ?? Check out the pics this could be a sweet deal for the 3L community :)

Mazda 3L butterfly valve for IMRC ?
IMAG0016.jpg
The valve installed
IMAG0020.jpg
the valve pulled out
IMAG0021.jpg
The valve in the auto closed position
IMAG0022.jpg
The valve in the open position
IMAG0019.jpg
Inside the mpv UIM where that valve closes a part of the UIM off.
IMAG0017.jpg
A look directly inside the UIM where the valve goes.
IMAG0018.jpg
Another look inside the UIM from where the valve closes a part of the UIM off.

I think with testing the plug I could get it to open and close with the IMRC or maybe I can't either way I think it's pretty cool that it has this if I can't get it to work I'll just build a blank off plate and close the hole with a piece of aluminum and a gasket.

Also here are 2 plugs I need to know where they go one is the green plug beans mentioned above the other come from the harness next to the oil dip stick in the front of the motor where does it go

Green plug
IMAG0012.jpg

Plug I need to know what it plugs into
IMAG0013.jpg

Just another thought I think it's a 2 plug valve I could put a WOT switch that would open it at WOT like my old nos kit did? That could be a really easy mod!

I dunno what that thing is on the side of the UIM I'd have to google about it.

The front one near the dipstick is the crank position sensor, should be the bottom most plug...? Green plug is back right? Then it's crank sensor.

DPFE doesn't need to be plugged in, some cars need it. Mine did not, i would assume it is a E0 thing, so you should be okay, you can plug it in if you want, won't hurt anything.

START IT START IT

I dunno what that thing is on the side of the UIM I'd have to google about it.

The front one near the dipstick is the crank position sensor, should be the bottom most plug...? Green plug is back right? Then it's crank sensor.

DPFE doesn't need to be plugged in, some cars need it. Mine did not, i would assume it is a E0 thing, so you should be okay, you can plug it in if you want, won't hurt anything.

START IT START IT
DPFE ????
As for the green one yeah it's now taped up and secure the one up front is a brown/white purple/yellowish white 2wire plug that comes off the front side of the fuel injector harness. It's not the crank position sensor I have it plugged in along with that pita plug that goes on the sensor just above the ac comp the plug I'm talking about is only 4-6 inches long from where the valve cover and head meet if that makes any sense...

Be patent .... It will start tomorrow I just swing by to take a few pics I need to hook up some of the other plugs in the back first and I can't believe I broke the sensor on the water rail (I just made that name up) lol the rail that all the hoses come from on the block. As for the black valve on the UIM it's a actuating open close valve like the butterfly valves in the SVT lim essentially does the same thing opens the UIM up to allow more air! I'm stoked that's gonna work on my car one way or another !

Ok so here is a video of the "butterfly valve off of the Mazda MPV UIM let me know what ya think about the idea of hooking it up?
As for hooking it up via WOT switch I could have the switch set to come on at 3500 rpm or whatever rpm the secondary svt valves open up at. That way from 3500 to redline I have it open ? Just more ideas coming to mind

Lol gotcha :) not keeping it maybe I can sell it for a few bucks lol check out the video and let me know what u think .

Back