• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

finally an awd contour build

Congrats on the possible best built Contour ever!

I know you are building it for hardcore, that's why I would like to let you know EBC is not worth to be on this car.
I track regularly and host HPDE every month so I can tell you EBC is over-hyped by marketing. I see it melt, fade, and fail on track more than any brand. Regular track goer knows that EBC is the one to avoid.
I am sure there are many other brands that will fit that Brembo. I used Porterfield, and Hawk on my Focus RS Brembo brakes, and Wilwood on my Contour.
Thanks man! I contemplated hastily trying to get the car all assembled for my trip I’m on now but I will look into that when it comes time to learn the car on a track.

Congrats on the possible best built Contour ever!

I know you are building it for hardcore, that's why I would like to let you know EBC is not worth to be on this car.
I track regularly and host HPDE every month so I can tell you EBC is over-hyped by marketing. I see it melt, fade, and fail on track more than any brand. Regular track goer knows that EBC is the one to avoid.
I am sure there are many other brands that will fit that Brembo. I used Porterfield, and Hawk on my Focus RS Brembo brakes, and Wilwood on my Contour.
I should have got the focus rs brakes, didn’t study long enough. I may still get them and throw these other ones in the back

I should have got the focus rs brakes, didn’t study long enough. I may still get them and throw these other ones in the back
Focus RS brakes will be perfect, I own one and tracked it all the time. The brake was the most reliable thing (after you put high boiling point brake fluid) on that car haha. And the OEM pad is already semi-metallic (they used to be $150 a pair from the dealer).

Back