• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

finally an awd contour build

I’m going to try and weld as many pipes together as I can to remove the couplings in the intercooler setup. Anything that I can still install and remove after welding. I’m doing my best to consider future maintenance and ease of disassembly. Next up on the to do list is… cut this fuel rail and braze it, and clean up my intake and throttle body and get that all mounted up98A7C300-8DFE-43A3-A2DB-CDBC7A968D38.jpeg

This thread is bringing all the old OG's out of retirement lol

I remember back in the day....like at least 15 years ago there was a legend about a ford tech that had an SVT with all the x-type drivetrain swapped in. Never posted here, never saw any pics...nothing. Just a story.

And here's this dude just making magic happen before our eyes!

Glad us old timers found this post. Great to see someone actually do it. I remember about 10 years ago when someone got pretty close and had to bail. I would love AWD with the kind of horsepower my car makes. My question is why not build the engine with forged internals and not worry about it....ever? I popped 5 stock engines on 8 to 10 pounds of boost before building my engine in 2015. 9 years of 20 plus pounds of boost and abuse. The only issue I have is keeping clutches in for more than 5 years.

Glad us old timers found this post. Great to see someone actually do it. I remember about 10 years ago when someone got pretty close and had to bail. I would love AWD with the kind of horsepower my car makes. My question is why not build the engine with forged internals and not worry about it....ever? I popped 5 stock engines on 8 to 10 pounds of boost before building my engine in 2015. 9 years of 20 plus pounds of boost and abuse. The only issue I have is keeping clutches in for more than 5 years.
I’m going to build a forged motor after this one pops, I’m going to be running e85, I want to see if I can skirt past danger just with the cooling factors of the e85. I already installed a complete fuel system to run regular pump gas so I can always go back.(braided lines, filters and pump) thought about meth injection but decided I wanted less clutter

Last edited:
This thread is bringing all the old OG's out of retirement lol

I remember back in the day....like at least 15 years ago there was a legend about a ford tech that had an SVT with all the x-type drivetrain swapped in. Never posted here, never saw any pics...nothing. Just a story.

And here's this dude just making magic happen before our eyes!
I’ve heard that too… I know for a fact if you don’t fabricate new mounts for the rear subframe, you can drill all 10,000 spot welds and pull the whole trunk/strut tower/trunk/frame rail assembly and swap it for the contour.

Back