• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Go-kart meet? Gauging interest..

well the gf drives almost 2 hours from work to my place for the weekend on friday nights. kinda hard to have her come along. like I said, it all depends on the timing.

WOW WTF. I haven't worked a Friday in two months... Just got called in for tomorrow at 5:00 till 9:15... Let's do it again next month!

well the gf drives almost 2 hours from work to my place for the weekend on friday nights. kinda hard to have her come along. like I said, it all depends on the timing.

Everyone else seems pretty flexible, so would you be able to meet there at 6, with a race time of 6:30? It doesn't take long to do three races, and there's nothing to stop you from leaving after two if you get close on time.
WOW WTF. I haven't worked a Friday in two months... Just got called in for tomorrow at 5:00 till 9:15... Let's do it again next month!

Lame!

Everyone else seems pretty flexible, so would you be able to meet there at 6, with a race time of 6:30? It doesn't take long to do three races, and there's nothing to stop you from leaving after two if you get close on time.

oh don't go changing anything just on my account. there will most likely be time, just need to discuss first and see what I feel like doing.

Well you guys may be in luck, cause we decided to push it back to 6:30 to accomodate some other guys. We'll meet there at that time, but we'll hang around outside for a bit till everyone arrives (unless it rains).

Well then, in that case i'm 99% sure i'll be there...maybe +1 or2

oh don't go changing anything just on my account. there will most likely be time, just need to discuss first and see what I feel like doing.

Alright we'll stick with 6:30 then. It'll be worth it even if you just do two races, and you won't waste any money on not doing the third.

Four Contours ideally would be a pretty good turnout! We're probably looking at around that number for the Focus guys too.

Ohhh man I just got home! My cousin and I did 7 races and stayed and watched some CRAZY racing for a few races. We ended up hanging around for a bit and we didn't leave till about 11! It was definitely cool meeting you guys and I'm glad I could start your new addiction..just let me know when you go and we'll do some impromptu mini-meets!
Ran into some crazy freaking weather along route 9 which just reminded me that I really need new tires on my Contour.
I got all the time sheets and I'll scan them in tomorrow and post them. Just too bad more people couldn't make it..we'll have to try much harder next time!

That was the most...fun...EVER!

I wrecked Brian twice. Spun him once (kinda both our faults, I came in fast on the inside, and he pulled across my front to hit the apex of the turn, and he spun out while I just kept going straight) and the other time I squished him into a wall (my fault, it was a switchback, and I had the inside on the first turn and didn't leave him enough room on the second turn and straight into the wall he went).

Alright, after some scanner difficulties, I got the sheets scanned in and here are the results.

In all but the first race, my cousin (SLVR_SVT) and I (BFR_SVT) were in the faster super karts which would explain why our times were so much better.
theoilman=newcat016
the stig=focus fanatics member oh9focusNOTE: In race 5 (heat 69) the timing system screwed up, and the times for theoilman, and yourdad were swapped, hence the arrows I drew.

EDIT: Know what's BS? "yourdad" made it on the fastest lap times of the day at number 14 and wasn't even his lap. Look at the best times of today on the last race.

Ummm Tuesday night I'm going again kinda of a sickness now .... and I need to get in a superkart damnit

Ummm Tuesday night I'm going again kinda of a sickness now .... and I need to get in a superkart damnit

Lol the superkarts are not easy to qualify for, especially in the hot and humid weather. What time are you planning on being there? I might be able to meet you there.

Gonna ne there pretty early at school in cromwell and normally get out earlier like 3ish so I can get there by 330 and not waste money again haha lmk if ill be headed that way 8605590323

Well, the track doesn't even open till 4 on weekdays so good luck with that. I've told myself I wont go more than once a week and I was thinking of going Friday again. I like it when there's more traffic to pass and Friday is their busiest day.

Back