• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Go-kart meet? Gauging interest..

I'll be there at 730 friday if ur still going but since i'm on call this week thats approximate however cobra i will be there tuesday

Alright, I'm not sure what time we're going but it will probably be a bit earlier than that. We'll be doing the full 8 races though so we'll be there a while.

As soon as I saw you posted in this thread, I knew what you'd be asking.

I blew the clutch on a hard 1-2 shift on August 5th and then proceeded to scratch up the front bumper getting the car on my dad's tow dolly. It was a bad day. That was the day before I left on a road trip to Los Angeles though so I got the car trouble out of the way early.
So I'm getting the clutch done, replacing all three cats (got a CEL for left bank), installing an NPG intake, and having a mirko molded into the front bumper to hide the damage from the dolly. She'll be back soon (next week), and better than ever! This car has not been easy on my wallet, but it's worth it as I can't see myself not owning a CSVT now that I have one.

Glad to hear that you're getting things back in order. Routine and preventive maintenance was done rigorously on that car -- you wanna talk about spending a lot of money! -- I stayed on top of just about everything, so you'll be much further ahead of the game than if you'd picked up one of those rats you see on Craigslist or Ebay.

Certainly, it's your noble steed now, and you can do what you like, but I'm throwing in my two bits about the Mirko anyway. I think they ruin the front end of the car, look cheap and industrial. They mount on in a bush league manner that would have only been acceptable to the manufacturing standards found behind the iron curtain.

A wonderful way to go would be to see a good body guy and have him sand, fill, prime and paint it as necessary so that you can preserve that great stock look. If you need a good body shop guy, drop me a line.

Glad to hear that you're getting things back in order. Routine and preventive maintenance was done rigorously on that car -- you wanna talk about spending a lot of money! -- I stayed on top of just about everything, so you'll be much further ahead of the game than if you'd picked up one of those rats you see on Craigslist or Ebay.

Certainly, it's your noble steed now, and you can do what you like, but I'm throwing in my two bits about the Mirko anyway. I think they ruin the front end of the car, look cheap and industrial. They mount on in a bush league manner that would have only been acceptable to the manufacturing standards found behind the iron curtain.

A wonderful way to go would be to see a good body guy and have him sand, fill, prime and paint it as necessary so that you can preserve that great stock look. If you need a good body shop guy, drop me a line.

I agree on almost all points. I like the look of the Mirko, but the way they mount seemed pretty shoddy to me. That's why I paid my bodyshop guy a lot of money to mold it in to the front bumper.
It looks absolutely fantastic even just sitting in my living room. I might snap some pics when I get home tonight. I really hope the new paint matches the rest of the car, but he said he'd blend it in for me if it doesn't look quite right. The guy does really good work and he takes pride in the finished product.
I will forever hate myself though if I destroy it. I have a list of places I need to check to see if I can still get into the driveway without scraping. I just snagged a deal on some 17" SVTF EAP wheels and tires that I'll be picking up tonight for some added ground clearance..every little bit helps!
You might also be happy to know that I kept the calipers yellow and even sanded and re-painted them. My cousin hates the yellow and that's the main reason I decided to keep it.

Back to go karts:
I might be able to go Tuesday as well..just depends on if I wanna spend the money again.

I agree on almost all points. I like the look of the Mirko, but the way they mount seemed pretty shoddy to me. That's why I paid my bodyshop guy a lot of money to mold it in to the front bumper.
It looks absolutely fantastic even just sitting in my living room. I might snap some pics when I get home tonight. I really hope the new paint matches the rest of the car, but he said he'd blend it in for me if it doesn't look quite right. The guy does really good work and he takes pride in the finished product.
I will forever hate myself though if I destroy it. I have a list of places I need to check to see if I can still get into the driveway without scraping. I just snagged a deal on some 17" SVTF EAP wheels and tires that I'll be picking up tonight for some added ground clearance..every little bit helps!
You might also be happy to know that I kept the calipers yellow and even sanded and re-painted them. My cousin hates the yellow and that's the main reason I decided to keep it...

Cool, man. All the best to you. I dug the yellow calipers, too, as you could tell. I imagine that the Dupli-Color kit came in handy. Take care.

I'm done cluttering up the thread. :cool:

Karting + Bill, Jared = WIN

Bill, I was talking to Dean Beauchamp tonight, and he mentioned that he knows some guy who just bought a CSVT back in May. I threw out the name Bill, and he confirmed. I grew up down the street from him. Funny, eh?

Lol, I work with Dean. He's actually one of the ones going karting with us tomorrow. Small world.

I'm not sure if I'm the "Bill" in the above post, but my name is actually Denver.

I'll be there at 730 friday if ur still going but since i'm on call this week thats approximate however cobra i will be there tuesday

So one of the guys (Dean) has to work Friday (sucker), so we won't be there till 5:30ish at the very earliest. We might shoot for 7:00 or 7:30 even, so we'll definitely see you there if you're still going.

Alright, if something changes i'll let u know so i may be there before u or i may be there after but no promises i'll let u know

Lol, I work with Dean. He's actually one of the ones going karting with us tomorrow. Small world.

I'm not sure if I'm the "Bill" in the above post, but my name is actually Denver.

Yes, Denver, you are the Bill that I mentioned in the post which accidentally addressed Jared. :lol:

I didn't back out....and i posted some pretty good times for being mobbed by a bunch of retards on the final two races....just needed practice for tuesday and ian, ur gonna be dumbfounded by the time u get back

Back