• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Go-kart meet? Gauging interest..

So, anyone else coming? Bill, word on the street is you're fast. I'd like to see just how fast you are.

Jared, do you still plan to be there?

Jesus Christ riding on the back of a hay wagon! Those things beat the ever-living crap out of you! They're pretty quick, and the ones that have broken in sound and run great. They're WAY more unforgiving than the old ones, though, and LOVE to hop like absolute banshees! I ran a couple of sub 41.5s, but had a tough time finding the ragged edge without scrubbing.

Oh, and Jared... How in the name of Hell did you get that car to sound SO GOOD? That's the best exhaust note I have EVER heard from ANY V6 of any kind! James and I were blasting jizz all over the cockpit of my car listening to that thing. Goes like a freakin' mother, too!

Oh, and Jared... How in the name of Hell did you get that car to sound SO GOOD? That's the best exhaust note I have EVER heard from ANY V6 of any kind! James and I were blasting jizz all over the cockpit of my car listening to that thing. Goes like a freakin' mother, too!
Thats the sound of one of those crappy flowmaster 40 series....they sound horrible don't they? Msds, hiflo cat flowmaster 40 and a split rear exit, thats it nothing fancy.
I'd really like to try out those new karts. How do they compare to the old ones? Anyone been on 'em yet?

The ones that are broken in are pretty fast/more consistent and my times imporved by .5-1 sec i was 42.293 fastest so who knows but then there was a new cart and all i got was wheel hop and a sore back from the whole damn experience but the carts are def. pretty sweet .....ps they have throttle stop which makes u rethink how to go into turns/keep revs up

Went again tonight, ran a 41.506, with an entire heat except the first lap (cold tires) in the 41s. I felt fast as Hell. I even caught the attention of a few drivers there. people kept asking who Cobrawannabe was, since I was the fastest person in a normal kart :D

Jared, I whooped Crystal's ass in all three of my heats.

I want to see some time sheets, she was low 40's when i was there....she probaly wasn't up front, shes not too great in traffic

In the 2nd to last heat, we were all running together (Crystal, James, Ryan, and myself) with just 3 other karts on the track, two of which were Superkarts. I improved by a half second in my last heat, when it was just James, Ryan, 2 SKs, and myself.

Damn, I'm slow in the new karts. I've only been once and haven't quite figured them out yet. I have a significant weight disadvantage as well. Have any of you guys qualified for the super karts yet?

My cousin and I and some guys from work are planning on going on the 8th, and the more the merrier, so plan ahead!

Damn, I'm slow in the new karts. I've only been once and haven't quite figured them out yet. I have a significant weight disadvantage as well. Have any of you guys qualified for the super karts yet?

My cousin and I and some guys from work are planning on going on the 8th, and the more the merrier, so plan ahead!

I'll have to see if I can make it. The new karts are the embodiment of "smooth is fast".

Idk, i improved about .5-1 sec with the new carts so who knows, avoid the wheel hop and ur golden that was the key for me. I'll try to make the 8th but we will have to see closer to the date

Damn it seems like everybody's busy when I try to put together a date, but when someone says "hey I'm goin tomorrow" 5 people show up!
We'll have at least 4 people between my cousin and I and a couple work friends. One friend has and SVT focus and the other drives a gti. I'm hoping my Contour will be back on the road by then. I haven't driven it in nearly two whole months :(

Damn it seems like everybody's busy when I try to put together a date, but when someone says "hey I'm goin tomorrow" 5 people show up!
We'll have at least 4 people between my cousin and I and a couple work friends. One friend has and SVT focus and the other drives a gti. I'm hoping my Contour will be back on the road by then. I haven't driven it in nearly two whole months :(

Dare I ask whey the Contour is off the road?

Dare I ask whey the Contour is off the road?

As soon as I saw you posted in this thread, I knew what you'd be asking.

I blew the clutch on a hard 1-2 shift on August 5th and then proceeded to scratch up the front bumper getting the car on my dad's tow dolly. It was a bad day. That was the day before I left on a road trip to Los Angeles though so I got the car trouble out of the way early.
So I'm getting the clutch done, replacing all three cats (got a CEL for left bank), installing an NPG intake, and having a mirko molded into the front bumper to hide the damage from the dolly. She'll be back soon (next week), and better than ever! This car has not been easy on my wallet, but it's worth it as I can't see myself not owning a CSVT now that I have one.

Back