• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

mmmmmmmm T-Green goodness

D.Acker

Owner/LUCA’s *****
Admin
Here she is, before during and after the Porter Cable treatment. Give me a couple minutes, gonna need a couple posts.

Before washing and claybar
Beforewash02.jpg

Beforewash03.jpg

Beforewash05.jpg

After wash\claybar
Afterwashandclay03.jpg

Afterwashandclay04.jpg

After the Meguiar's #105 Ultra Cut Compound
After10503.jpg

After10501.jpg

After10502.jpg

After the sealant (meguiar's #21) went on, note first picture the car is still in the garage.
Aftersealant01.jpg

Aftersealant02.jpg

AfterSealant03.jpg

AfterSealant04.jpg

And the finish products, wheels claybarred\waxed, tires dressed and body waxed.
Completed02.jpg

Completed01.jpg

Completed03.jpg

Completed04.jpg

Completed07.jpg

boioioioioioioioing! Now I know what Im going to spend my entire day doing tomorrow!

Forgot to mention, the final touches where painting the wiper arms and windshield trim, of course their getting redone, don't like how they turned out.

I was about to ask, if something was missing :cool: good work on the ride.

Yup, in a couple the cowl, wipers and trim are missing. There are more pics of that in the one thing led to another thread. I felt like keeping the two "projects" in separate threads

Looks really nice. How long did it take you to do everything excluding painting the parts and such?

Looks really nice. How long did it take you to do everything excluding painting the parts and such?

Longer than expected. I'm sure it took longer than normal since this was my first time using the PC, but to do everything I would say one full day. That includes exterior and interior. I didn't keep track, but I know I had about 2 1/2 hrs into it last night with washing and playing with techniques on the buffer etc with the cutting compound, that was the most difficult step

Any tips with the PC...I'm about to get one. What did you use for pads on your pc? I'm sure it'll start going faster as you get used to it. Sweet ride...

Any tips with the PC...I'm about to get one. What did you use for pads on your pc? I'm sure it'll start going faster as you get used to it. Sweet ride...

Let the PC do the work, I found lower speeds worked better. Apply quick detailer to the pads to help product last longer.

I got the Meguiar's W9006 (tan) Finishing (used for the sealant) and the W8006 Polishing (used with the cutting compound).

I used 3 each of the above mentioned pads. I had the most trouble with the cutting compound, not sure why, but that took forever to get off the car. I'm guessing I didn't work the product long enough to break it down.

How to on using the PC http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=33

Remember the initial investment is a killer. Not sure what the wife got the PC and backing plate for, but I spent about $180 for all other supplies (10 pad total and chemicals)

Dave the car looks killer!

Thanks, she still has some scratches and stuff, all this work really made the rock chips in the front bumper really stick out, but don't have the $$ to get it resprayed right now :(

if you get one I am so comming over to have it tried out on my car, I was gonna do the whole clay bar thing but chickened out, I will be doing this week though with the vacation I got!

nice t-green op make sure to post pics in the color thread.

if you get one I am so comming over to have it tried out on my car, I was gonna do the whole clay bar thing but chickened out, I will be doing this week though with the vacation I got!

nice t-green op make sure to post pics in the color thread.

Well I have a craftsman buffer/polisher that I've used for years. It's a cheap $30 with no speed adjustment but works okay. In order to do it right it sounds like I should be able to control the speed. If/When I end up getting a PC I'll let you know Ron. I just clayed barred my fiances car tonight and it probably only took 1.5-2 hours. Amazing difference in smoothness of the paint. Still need to polish and wax it but I'm very impressed. Her car is my practice car...shhhhh...:cool:

Back