• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

253whp / 223 tq

I would love to see Mani get a set of the reground cams that buckeyesvt recently put on his car, he started with the 3L cams and gained 20hp and 10tq once they were tuned in. Add a set of these longtube headers I have and I would bet this car would be around 275whp and 235wtq, from bolt ons....

This right here would be awesome. I bet with Dom's cams that are even hotter than an SVT cam you'd see some good gains and i'd be willing to be you'd see a nice bump in the low end mainly due to a set of cams designed for an oval port setup and not a split port. Still though, great numbers! I'm sure that car moves quite well!

What is the difference in the 04+ 3L's that allows them to put out more power than the older ones?

Sure, but none of those impact horsepower :p

no, but they make it better :) Like I said, there are some other things as well. I thought there was something with the pistons being different....or am I thinking about the SVT's. Great, now I can't even keep my cars right....sigh.

no, but they make it better :) Like I said, there are some other things as well. I thought there was something with the pistons being different....or am I thinking about the SVT's. Great, now I can't even keep my cars right....sigh.

04+'s making more power must be another myth since they are pretty much the same exact engine

The '04+ has a larger PCV system which technically could make the engine slightly more efficient, but not enough to make *that* big of a difference.

looks like you're ready for a Nelson Ledges track day May 18th.........it is the fastest road course in the country :cool:

Weird, I'm going to be there the previous day for a private day with coworkers. Is the 18th a SZ lite day or something? I haven't been following that whatsoever. Wish I could be around to see some fellow track SVTs, even though mine is just a shell in the garage at the moment...

On topic, astonishing numbers Mani! Very inspiring to get back to work rebuilding mine.

So doing a full 3.0L swap with the ST220 UIM and SVT cams will get you more power then doing a 3.0L block and heads with an SVT intake?

Not necessarily.....but this is proof that Ovalport ("Full") 3Ls can make jam, and a Ported 3L isnt the only way to go to make power.

hybrid powaa !!!11!1!!1

...But seriously now I really want to throw 24lb injectors in mine and get it retuned to see what it can do

The '04+ has a larger PCV system which technically could make the engine slightly more efficient, but not enough to make *that* big of a difference.

I think the majority of the difference is due to the different material they used in the floor mats of the 05+ escapes :crazy:

This thread is inspirational. Only thing I wonder is if the stock tranny/diff would hold up. My guess is no with close to +80whp...

Great numbers for sure, but they are just numbers. The proof would be on the strip or track to verify that the dyno isn't a "happy dyno". We see happy dynos in the drag racing world all the time, they show high HP but the MPH on the track doesn't reflect it.

A stock 3.0 with just SVT and an intake which flows about the same as an Escape one and it picks up 50 HP ? I would venture a guess that Ford would want to talk to your tuner if this is really the correct HP>

I was just kidding people.

It is a hogged out 2.5L headed quadruple extrude honed svt intake manifold (painted red for couple more free horsepowers) and a zetec catback! More Hybrid and useless work than any other engine on here!

CEG! Re-writing physics!

Great numbers for sure, but they are just numbers. The proof would be on the strip or track to verify that the dyno isn't a "happy dyno". We see happy dynos in the drag racing world all the time, they show high HP but the MPH on the track doesn't reflect it.

A stock 3.0 with just SVT and an intake which flows about the same as an Escape one and it picks up 50 HP ? I would venture a guess that Ford would want to talk to your tuner if this is really the correct HP>

He's already proved it on the strip don. I believe he ran a 13.2/13.3 for the quarter. Again, he's got an ST220 upper, headers, tru duals, & by the sound of it, a very good tuner.

He's already proved it on the strip don. I believe he ran a 13.2/13.3 for the quarter. Again, he's got an ST220 upper, headers, tru duals, & by the sound of it, a very good tuner.

Then again this is Canadian math here. Their quarter miles are shorter than ours, so I figure he actually ran a 15.3 like most people on this site. :)

Back