• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

If i were to sell everything...

Normally I only discuss this stuff with you at the shop, but since you started a thread about it...

I've said before that you take on too much. You get a car running the way you like it and then you sell it or tear it apart again. The first thing you started talking about when you were almost done with the interior on Ginger was how much you can get for the car (I understand the situation w/ the Festiva though). You have at least two projects in process and one more on deck with no money or time to do all of them (or even most of them) and you set unrealistic deadlines. Most importantly, you buy cars for incredibly cheap and then get pissed off when they have a ton of problems.

I used to think it was because I'm not cut out to be a good mechanic like you that I would get burned out from all of your projects, but its become obvious its not just me. I'd drive over an hour to and from the shop and feel like we weren't getting anywhere on anything, and as soon as we'd make progress you talk about selling whatever it is we're working on.

<At the risk of sounding sappy and gh3y>

I've learned a lot about fixing cars, and Contours in particular, from you. I sometimes still enjoy driving out to the shop and working on something just because its a diversion from the rest of my life. PRT is your business and I'm just along for the ride, so I can't tell you how to run things, but I really think you need to refocus and retool. I think I've said it before: the hell with the race car, and the hell with the other project(s) until the T-Red is done. When that's done then we tackle the next thing. And if you talk about selling that car again I will figuratively kick you square in the dog's balls.

I think you said this very well, i havent known josh that long but in the short time i learned alot about the contour that i didnt know before. I havent been in the game as long as you or him. But i see the same things when i come down to the shop and it does get upsetting when it seems nothing gets done!

When i drive out to the shop and i see the list you had put together i know its not going to get done, i think there were 10things on the list one day and that included pulling the dash painting it and putting it back in an only a few hours.

You really need to just relax and take some time off, i know how you feel thats why i got outta the dsm world i just couldnt take it anymore, my car sat more then i drive it, it was a useless paperwait that i dumped almost 7grand into and didnt run!

If you want some help with anything im always willing to help just let me know when, take things one thing at a time and pace yourself. You talked about this with me the other day and i hate to say it but i think i have seen it coming in the vary shorttime ive been around just because you take to much on.

I know you were talking in bringing others cars in and working on those, doing my car and finshing your 3cars. I say just stop everything finsh the t-red, then move on to the next project but keep it simple and take everything one thing at a time!! Ill call you this week and see whats been going on, if you need any help before then you have my number!

When i drive out to the shop and i see the list you had put together i know its not going to get done, i think there were 10things on the list one day and that included pulling the dash painting it and putting it back in an only a few hours.

I don't want to pick on Josh, but this is definitely true, and its what I was referring to before. Thing is, I know that he knows it's a problem. There needs to be AA for Contour owners for things like this.

I need to get the mini-fridge to the shop and get it stocked. That way after a few beers we won't care so much what gets crossed off of our lists.

Josh
Its the curse of the track car. How many years did that car sit on jack stands in my dads garage and then behind it? TOO MANY! i drove it a little then found the blown motor car and did the transplant. I did get to enjoy that car some though. It too spent alot of time on jack stands. A whole winter to be exact. But it was a fun spring/summer before i sold it. i understand how you feel because I have been there with about 5 different cars. 2 where svt's. You need to sell some :censored::censored::censored::censored: and enjoy that money a little or save it. Sell off the cars or back off your schedule alot. No need to live at the garage and spend every waking moment under the hood. I love working on anything but i too get sick of it. I'm just finally starting to enjoy wrenching on cars again. Granted its just routine maintenance stuff but I challenge myself when I do it...see how quickly i can do it before the baby darts for a drain pan :)

Josh, I remember back when I met you...you were happy. There was no track car, show car, etc. You just had one car that was a DD and a track car. Nothing else. You need to go back to that, whether it is in a Contour or not.:shrug:

Stick with one car, and I think you will be better off.

I've gotta agree with Hector. Dump the extra projects and get one up and running so you can enjoy it.

It kills me whenever I go down to my garage. Buying the HOC was stupid. I should have known that it was going to be WAY more messed up than I thought. That with wrecking my tan ATX and buying a high mileage MTX... It all adds up. I have soo many projects right now that combined with my new job, I haven't had any time to even edit and post all of the pictures of my for sale stuff.

That and everytime I see another car review for something that is so powerful, sexy, and new.... It makes working on a tan rusty slug that much harder. ....blue 09 Lancer Ralliart.... :drool:

Later,
Ben

So, if you were to sell everything, would front and back svt tan leather seats be on your for sale list? If so, could you let me know? I'll be glad to take them off your hands.

So, if you were to sell everything, would front and back svt tan leather seats be on your for sale list? If so, could you let me know? I'll be glad to take them off your hands.

I actually have a set of rear tan leather in kind of rough shape, mostly dirty. I'll clean them up and you can come get em for $50. :shrug:

^^^^^ scavanger!
Josh is pouring his soul out here and all you can think about is yourself! :D :laugh:
j/k, you are cool in my book !

And you two get working on your 3Ls already, damn

Last night was a good light hearted night of cleaning at the shop. I enjoyed my time there for the first time in months. I have just a few minor things planned for this Thursday and I'm planning on taking the whole weekend off as well. I've got a few items ready to list for sale so that's cool.

Next week i may change up the pace and start working on the 3L. It needs a teardown and that's always fun. May be porting the 3L heads and listing them for sale right away too to help fund the projects. My mood has changed dramatically in just a few days, rather refreshing.

Josh, I feel for you man. i got so frustrated and burnt out trying to get the Zetec running perfectly (so much so that i dont even like working on the SVT, espicially with the lack of space in the engine bay and the amount of rust under it). I finally realized that the best thing for me to do was to sell it and try to get as much money from it as possible. Its currently sitting on jackstands in the garage basically stripped and it kills me to see it like that. all to often i wish i didnt have to part it, but i know its for the better and it will all work out in the end. I am keeping some parts for a project that im in the planning stages of (its not a contour though).

Edit: good to hear your feeling better about everything.

I would just like to report that last night Josh actually... threw some old parts out (gasp!). Yessir. In the garbage, even. As his Conturdaholics Anonymous sponsor I was very proud of him, and I'm happy that he's moving on to the next step.

I would just like to report that last night Josh actually... threw some old parts out (gasp!). Yessir. In the garbage, even. As his Conturdaholics Anonymous sponsor I was very proud of him, and I'm happy that he's moving on to the next step.

hahahahasshole.... :laugh:

OK everyone, lets welcome our newest Contourdaholics Anonymous member. Say hello to Josh.

HELLO JOSH

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Back