• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Mirko Duraflex and Carbon Fiber splitters GB# 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm def down for a GB in spring. Just please someone enlighten me on a blem and non blem version. Guessing it won't shatter??

I would probably be in if another group buy was started up. What time span are we looking at on this?

well pete deals with them a lot. they make a ton of parts for him. he said they slowed their operation down to focus more on quality. so that's good, we just need to get started ahead of time and plan for that. plus chinese new year is coming as well. i think we might be looking at 2-3 months. they seem to have these splitters down pretty good now. ill get an interest check thread going this week to see what kind of interest we have.

As soon as this holiday stuff is over Steve...I will have the remainder of the money for the CF one.Work has been very very slow...not good. Thanks for setting it aside for me bud.

no problem brent. even though i disappear for great lengths im not here to screw anyone.

I'm def down for a GB in spring. Just please someone enlighten me on a blem and non blem version. Guessing it won't shatter??

well we'll be starting a GB VERY soon to get the ball rolling. im going to do very small deposits (previously 50%). possibly $50 for DF and $100 for CF, just so more people can get in. people should have their tax money in time for the balance.

the "blem" splitters are "slightly irregular" so to speak lol. they dont fit the bumper quite as good. the endcaps that wrap around the edge of the bumper were about .5" too long. you can either cut them off or use spacers to fill the gap. once you do that, and pull it tight, it actually fits pretty good. they certainly fit better than the original mirkos. these are not "GB" items. theyre discounted and readily available until theyre sold out. they were from the original run we did but had to retweak the mold. they are exactly the same as the Duraflex splitters (they are duraflex) but just dont fit as well. plenty of people on here have bought them.

non GB pricing and whats in stock right now:

"Blem" splitters (a handful left in stock)
$250 each PLUS $100 shipping/handling

Duraflex splitters (2 in stock)
$350 plus $100 shipping/handling

Carbon Fiber splitter (3 in stock, possibly 4)
$500 plus $100 shipping/handling

these are NON-GB pricing. when you pay full price, there is no Paypal fee added. so what you see is what you pay. paypal, credit card, check, money order, cash ok.

locals may pick up their splitter in Fullerton, CA to avoid the $100 shipping/handling fee.
the "handling fee" is for the box. its a BIG box plus padding/etc... even if youre local, if you want a box, its a $15 fee. or just take it without the box and pay no fee. the box is GINORMOUS anyways. too big to fit in 95% of cars lol.

if you want one of the above and dont want to wait till spring for the GB ones call me at 818-357-2531 OR email me at svt4stv@gmail.com

please dont PM me with any questions. ask here or email/call. my ceg inbox fills up and i dont even know when i have PMs so they sit around for awhile.

right now due to the holidays its a little slower around here so i can get back to you a little quicker.

my name is Steve btw, lol.

ill be posting up a new GB thread soon.

Hey Steve, I live right by Fullerton and would like to pick up a born splitter within the next week. Please let me know when this is possible.

Steve, can you fill in the blank for me?

DF splitter
Buy it now $350 + $100 s/h
GB price $50 + ____ + $100 s/h

Thanks

BIN price is $350 plus $100 shipping
GB price is $300 plus $100 shipping

Hey Steve, I live right by Fullerton and would like to pick up a born splitter within the next week. Please let me know when this is possible.

hey, i believe you left me a vm on Christmas Eve? ill give you a call. ive actually got one blem splitter in my garage at home right now which id rather you take since i wont be using it. ill even give you a better price on it for that one. ill pm you.

I am interested if there is a DF Splitter GB going on.

wanting another one? i penned a GB thread the other day and must have accidentally deleted it. ugh. so i have to re-write it (in WORD this time lol). im sure another one will happen. just need to get at least 10 DF buyers on board (5 for CF).

That is the problem with the DF ones, it has to be 10 and it seems everyone wants the CF, I am in no rush but next time it happens, I am interested in it.

That is the problem with the DF ones, it has to be 10 and it seems everyone wants the CF, I am in no rush but next time it happens, I am interested in it.

well ill purchase some of the DF to help reach 10 and keep some in stock. last time we had enough for CF but not the first time. the first time, more people wanted DF.
the DF is quite a bit cheaper so i think it would be easier to get more on board for those but that's just speculating.

Wanted to know if the mold has changed? I purchased a carbon one during the first GB and just recently test fitted this since my car is getting painted... It is EXTREMELY HARD to get the carbon around the bottom of the bumper as it is SUPER tight and snug. If I push it hard, I am either going to get stress cracks or it will break.

Need to know whats the best remedy for this.

The final DF splitters were just as tight. I cut off the wrap. Did you try to set the front and install the sides up from the bottom?

If it was DF cutting the wrap is no problem. This is the carbon version and it may not look good, after paying over $500 bucks for it, it is not fair nor is it ok to take the chance to just cut it off. Ill try it again.

ill ask pete to chime in as he has more experience with actually putting them on and what not.

everyone's bumper will not be exactly the same. theyre flexible. some maybe pushed out a little and some in. do you have bumper stays? you can try pushing the edge of the bumper inwards while you pop the cf splitter on. it may take 2 people.

i would rather have them very tight than very loose fitting.

what about the guy who was the first to get one on? with the Tred csvt. lets hear what he says about putting his on.

I have been PM'ing QB offering suggestions.
It is a VERY tight fit, I had to remove my bumper support brackets, even after doing that I still have to force it in place.

I asked Imnotacop and he says he got stress cracks from putting the CF Lip on. I agree I would like it tighter than loose fitting. My Bumper is COMPLETELY off the car and completely flexible by pushing the bumper inwards. But there is about an inch or so on each side to get the lip on. The CF isnt really that flexible. I can try the lip on 2 other CSVTs that friends have, I must say forcing the CF on is either going to break the ends and/or scratch the paint on my bumper (right now its currently primered since it hasnt been painted yet).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back