• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

We need a meet...

CSVT#49

Addicted CEG'er
Alright well just because I don't have my Tour up and running yet doesn't mean I can't meet up with you guys.

I propose a grill out somewhere and people can bring their rides if they want. Just to put a face to the screen name on here. I'm pretty sure I've met most of you at some point, but we have had a number of new people jump on the board since our last outing so I think another one is in order.

Any ideas on a location? There are a number of parks that come to mind in different areas depending on who all is planning to come. Here are some of those places below. Feel free to add more.

North:
Island Lake Park (Just South of 694 off Victoria St. in Arden Hills)
Aquatore Park (off Hwy 65 and Clover Leaf Pkwy just North of Hwy 10 in Blaine)
Elm Creek Three Rivers Park (off of Zachery Ln North of Hwy 610 in Champlin)

South:
Lebanon Hills Regional Park (Off Cliff Rd and Lexington Ave in Eagan)
Crystal Beach (at Crystal Lake off of Crystal Lake Dr and Lac Lavon Dr in Burnsville)

We can figure out who can bring what or how we'll pay for everything later. Just trying to figure out who would actually come if we did this.

Last edited:
Good idea!

I have only met two CEG'ers so count me in if this develops. I should have my winter beater back on the road in a couple weeks.

Depending on day I might be able to make it. Others with SVT's I know: My brother is in London until Christmas so he can't make it. My step brother in law left for the National Gaurd so he's a no. A buddy of mine who lives down the block from me could probably make it so I'll let him know.

Since this thread isn't going anywhere I'll throw in my $.02... I'd much rather see an informal meet where we meet at a burger joint or even somebodies house (no I'm not volunteering :laugh:). With a small group (i'd guess about 5 cars that actually show up) getting a park is way overkill, would be easier to just meet someplace we can get food and hang out.

^ I wan't to meet all your goofy asses..... :laugh:

I really think this would be about a 5 1/2 hour drive for me. :eek:

Unless you guys leave the Twin Cities area :ponder:

Since this thread isn't going anywhere I'll throw in my $.02... I'd much rather see an informal meet where we meet at a burger joint or even somebodies house (no I'm not volunteering :laugh:). With a small group (i'd guess about 5 cars that actually show up) getting a park is way overkill, would be easier to just meet someplace we can get food and hang out.

This sounds good too. I'm drawing a blank on locations though.

^ I wan't to meet all your goofy asses..... :laugh:

I really think this would be about a 5 1/2 hour drive for me. :eek:

Unless you guys leave the Twin Cities area :ponder:

I'm up for anything, I wouldn't even mind driving a couple hours if it means more people could make it. Maybe we should do a MN/WI combo meet.

You know.... It's just a thought, but downtown Hudson might work on a weekend afternoon. There's a couple great places to eat if you want a bar/grill setting, there's a park on the river and parking in lots and on the street. The only thing that I would be concerned with is that it can be busy down there, I'm guessing early afternoon would be ok, but there's a chance it would be busy downtown.

Well I'll volunteer my place to meet. I do have a cul-da-sac in front of my place so there's room for everyone to park. May be kind of a drive for some of you... but it's an option. I also have a few good bars and restaurants that are not to far either if we don't want to do the grill thing.

May even be able to witness/help put my engine in ;)

This is probably a huge shot in the dark for a lot of you, but we've tried to do the whole "Duluth Gathering" thing and it's never gone through...well at least not in my time on CEG.
So what if we flipped it and cruised down 61 through Red Wing, passed Lake Pepin...down to Winona or even La Crosse??
I did it over Labor Day weekend and it was awesome. Cruise the Minnesota side down there and head back on the Wisconsin side. I get that it might be a bit lame for those of you without a vehicle, but it might be close enough to pull some Wisconsin and Iowa members.

Just a thought (with peeps like blu_fuz in mind). ;)

^ :cool:

If it happens any weekend after October 8th, and it's within about 3 hours one way, I'll show up.

Back