• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

We need a meet...

This is probably a huge shot in the dark for a lot of you, but we've tried to do the whole "Duluth Gathering" thing and it's never gone through...well at least not in my time on CEG.
So what if we flipped it and cruised down 61 through Red Wing, passed Lake Pepin...down to Winona or even La Crosse??
I did it over Labor Day weekend and it was awesome. Cruise the Minnesota side down there and head back on the Wisconsin side. I get that it might be a bit lame for those of you without a vehicle, but it might be close enough to pull some Wisconsin and Iowa members.

Just a thought (with peeps like blu_fuz in mind). ;)

That's a good thought, I would be up for any of the above mentioned ideas. It would be cool to include as many people as possible, and the drive down to La Crosse is really nice, this time of the year it would be great.

Car pooling could be an option for those not bringing their cars.

^ :cool:

If it happens any weekend after October 8th, and it's within about 3 hours one way, I'll show up.

Turns me from a 3 hour drive to a 5 1/2-6 hour drive! Only way I would make that is if we are going down to the Mayo at the same time....and I don't think we have an appointment any time soon. :p Actually, it isn't a bad drive down towards Rochester.

Up here, they are almost at their max height. Normally they are around 2-3 weeks behind us down that way....so it should be a nice ride!

So what you are saying is if we do this meet in La Crosse it's a double win for you! Double the nice ride!

Unless he runs out and gets himself that gift that keeps on giving...ya know, for a purposeful Mayo visit.
This one time, he came to a meet...

PICT0013.jpg

Hmm I might be able to get my Camaro up and running for a cruise... depending on the date of course. Or someone is going to have to swing by and pick me up...

Last edited:
F'n excellent! Maybe I will stop by the Kwik Trip HQ and say hi to my biggest customer ;)

Back