• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

pic says it all

well it appears that the tune has been nailed down. data logging from yesterday showed that the A/F was staying in the 12s under part and full throttle. just will have to drive it some more and keep checking to make sure all is in order.

YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Nice when the hard work pays off, eh? Did you swap out or otherwise fix your BOV? Did you re-situate the MAF? Hopefully Joey can now get me through emissions! :evil:

nope, haven't done anything with the bov yet. thinking of maybe trying just a type H as my rfl doesn't seal. I tryed using grease and it has fine until it openned the first time. it also sprayed grease out. thinking that sometime later I will just upgrade to a tial bov.

nope, haven't done anything with the bov yet. thinking of maybe trying just a type H as my rfl doesn't seal. I tryed using grease and it has fine until it openned the first time. it also sprayed grease out. thinking that sometime later I will just upgrade to a tial bov.

in that case i will get off my ass and test my Type H as you requested, even though it seems to function well. i got my shiny new RBV-H34 last week.

yeah my rfl seals on the intake pipe side but it doesn't seal at the top where the vacuum port is. I feel the vacuum when I cover the trumpet with my hand. remove the vacuum line and the vacuum stops.

Last edited:
well it appears that the tune has been nailed down. data logging from yesterday showed that the A/F was staying in the 12s under part and full throttle. just will have to drive it some more and keep checking to make sure all is in order.

out of curiousity, how far into the 12s is it at? Mine now fluctuates between 12.4 and 12.5 at wot...

out of curiousity, how far into the 12s is it at? Mine now fluctuates between 12.4 and 12.5 at wot...

pretty consistantly saw 12.5 at part throttle and 12.7 or so when at wot on the highway.

In reviewing some data logs it pretty consitantly hits 12.5

sweet...I haven't datalogged mine, yet, but it's probably pretty close, then...

i would think so. the ~12.7 or so where just spikes according to Joey. from what I just look at it was pretty consitant in hitting 12.5 as I believe where it should be as the testing tune had it a bit closer to 12

I think that I can safely say that all the work this summer has completly paid off.

The tune has been nailed down. Big thanks to Joey for all of his work on the tune. The cruise from my place to my parents yesterday was very enjoyable. This morning I had an alignment done. The car is handling much better. Plus I put the E0s on yesterday so I have alot of tread now. Din't matter much as if I got on it to much it just wanted to spin the wheels :drool:.

I really like the shop I go to for alignments. The guy at the counter actually knew it was a contour. I also had one of the tech tell me that he really liked the car. He commented on seeing alot of hack work and how well everything was put together. Plus he is a turbo honda owner also.

gotten alot off enjoyment out of driving the car the last 24 hours :laugh:

I do have some other small details to work out but the car is ready for the dyno on te 27th.

another smooth running night. car had alot of interest and possitive comments at the car show tonight.

Also have a great example of why I don't cheap out on tires. I had to put the E0s back on as its starting to get alittle cold for summer only tires and the fact the tread was gone from the outter edges of the front tires. Anyway the Potenza RE750s didn't make alot of noise with the turbo, they just gripped. Now the Cooper tires on the E0s even with full tread break free almost with persision based on how hard I hit the gas pedal. Now again the Re750s where near shot and didn't want to spin where these coopers tires do.

just need to go over a few things before the dyno this saturday ...

awesome - a great running car is better that a SUPER fast one. You have to enjoy them and not work on 'em all the time.

12 psi or bust :laugh:

I keed I keed. I'll see about heading to dyno day to see you guys hit up the dyno. Especially your car, Brian! haha

Back