• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

65mm mustang throttle body

I'd really like to seem some dyno results of before and after. I put absolutely zero stock in someone's general impressions or "butt dyno." Give me real data.

Well great ask demonsvt why he has one on his split port 3.0L
Then ask warmonger how his calculations on how the 65mm would help any 3L after 5k.:shrug:

Search purple.....and stop asking crap when you can find it yourself. We scream search to beginners and i know your smart enough to do that instead of demanding data :shrug:

As a side note this thread got me all excited about putting a 65mm on my 04 motor....so I just did it last weekend. No IAC now, so the motor idles very slow with the A/C compressor running, but seems tolerable. I opened up the mouth of the manifold just a hair with a sanding roll, and since I had already buggered up my SVT throttle bracket to make it work on the 04 TB I made a custom bracket on my work bench for the 65mm. My 65mm uses the SVT shaft, springs, and cam since I had it on my ported 3L.

This is a MUST DO mod on an 04 3L....the bigger 04 cam loves the extra flow. The acceleration at 4k is like a slap in the face...traction is a problem in 3rd gear.

I see theory. Where are the dyno plots?
So have you searched for it ?:shrug: Probably not...because your attitude echoes your mentality.
So...Purple if you want to discuss/debate issues here about the 65mm gains, make another thread or go look up the other 7 threads about the 65mm.

This thread is about making a how-to/customized 65mm and to install a 65mm.

As a side note this thread got me all excited about putting a 65mm on my 04 motor....so I just did it last weekend. No IAC now, so the motor idles very slow with the A/C compressor running, but seems tolerable. I opened up the mouth of the manifold just a hair with a sanding roll, and since I had already buggered up my SVT throttle bracket to make it work on the 04 TB I made a custom bracket on my work bench for the 65mm. My 65mm uses the SVT shaft, springs, and cam since I had it on my ported 3L.

This is a MUST DO mod on an 04 3L....the bigger 04 cam loves the extra flow. The acceleration at 4k is like a slap in the face...traction is a problem in 3rd gear.

I'm glad you did this mod. It's been a 3.0L mod for quite some time by the old school 3.0L guys.

The best part of this mod is the throttle response you get from it.

So have you searched for it ?:shrug: Probably not...because your attitude echoes your mentality.

I did, didn't find anything.

This thread is about making a how-to customie the 65mm and to install a 65mm.

Because we all know that topics should not and do not deviate ONE BIT from the original post, ESPECIALLY when the deviation is right in line with the original topic. You've gotten awfully confrontational lately.

I did, didn't find anything.

Because we all know that topics should not and do not deviate ONE BIT from the original post, ESPECIALLY when the deviation is right in line with the original topic. You've gotten awfully confrontational lately.

I'm being confrontational, Because i asked you not to send this thread into a debate? Since we have 7 others threads about the 65mm :shrug:

Back on topic. I will put up a how-to customize your tb to work on our cars and the install of one.

A 65mm TB gives a throttle response increase on any decent 2.5L or above. Increased throttle response is commonly perceived as an increase in power when it normally does not give any.
A hot 2.5L will see a high rpm power gain with a 65mm TB. High rpm being above 6800 rpm. An optimized 60mm SVT TB flows roughly 320-330cfm without a power loss. If you do the math a typical bolt on 2.5L (with chip obviously) will not surpass 320cfm until past 7200rpm.
A "good" 3L (not oval cams or intakes!) will hit 320cfm at around 6200 rpm. So a 65mm TB will be beneficial as the power curve passes 6000 rpm.
A boosted car is a different matter. Either a boosted 2.5L or 3L will love a bigger TB as long as it is not bigger then the intake tract before it or the manifold behind it.

heres a easy write up:
use your linkage from your svt tb in your 65mm tb. all you have to do is open the plate groves a little,put it back together and your done...this is on a thunderbird 4.6tb btw.

Back