• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Spring Zing Akron, Ohio May 19-22, 2011

I haven't been to Spaghetti Warehouse in a long time, looking forward to that.

Now this might sound kinda lame compared to going to a strip club, but why not a scavenger hunt? Adult themed of course.

I have tossed the idea around of having a scavenger hunt/road rally for people who are not interested in the raod course, but I will be at the road course all day Friday. Since Im the only person hosting/planning I obviously cant be everywhere. If someone wants to step up and manage the scavenger hunt I will help out with coming up with the route, but someone will have do the rest. PM if interested.

just wanted to take a moment to tip my hat to you, Malcolm for all the hard work you've put in thusfar.
I'm looking forward to another great year with you all.

Here are some pics i took of last Saturday of the parking lots to the Hotel Alot of room
parkinglot1.jpg

parkinglot3.jpg

parkinglot4.jpg

parkinglot2.jpg

I spoke with the GM of the Summit Racing retail store on my lunch today, he seems really excited to have our group. He was talking about possibly providing goodie bags and in store discounts :cool:

I spoke with the GM of the Summit Racing retail store on my lunch today, he seems really excited to have our group. He was talking about possibly providing goodie bags and in store discounts :cool:

i want a goodie bag!!!

the last time i was at the Summit store was on my way home from picking up my hearse.

i want a goodie bag!!!

the last time i was at the Summit store was on my way home from picking up my hearse.

I planned on doing goddie bags the whole time....I emailed a bunch of local vendors so I could create an 'Ohio goodie bag' but I have been shot down by PB Blaster, Permatex, and GoJo. At least Summit wants to provide SOMETHING for you guys.

Kinda pisses me off.....PB Blaster gives away sample size cans at the Dave Thomas Chilli Open winter golf tournament, but they say no to an actual group of car enthusiasts?????? :mad:

I planned on doing goddie bags the whole time....I emailed a bunch of local vendors so I could create an 'Ohio goodie bag' but I have been shot down by PB Blaster, Permatex, and GoJo. At least Summit wants to provide SOMETHING for you guys.

Kinda pisses me off.....PB Blaster gives away sample size cans at the Dave Thomas Chilli Open winter golf tournament, but they say no to an actual group of car enthusiasts?????? :mad:

Perhaps summit will give us each a T2 for being there:drool:!
When i posted my last on here i still was employed at sonic (laugh while you can, i made at least $100 a day in tips!!) And now with my new job it is kinda iffy whether or not i can go.. Knowing that Blu isn't going to be there totally sucks! *I've wanted to meet you since forever ago:eek:* But i will make every effort to make this my FIRST SZ EVA! I get giddy just thinking about it and then remember its a couple months away:nonono:..
I do have some questions about it though;
With the strip club/bar will i be eligible to enter? I am 18 and have proof, but i don't know the Ohio laws:shrug:.
Is there anything else requiring an age? Other than the driving events?

Are SVTs with 13years worth of scratches and cracks (Previous owner) accepted?

Is there any for a price range for the entire event of SZ??

Will my back window be broken out because of my "decal" (of an otter that my brother drew for me and my car before his fatal car wreck:cry:.. See pics of my silfro, it had it if interested.)

And finally; Will someone buy me drinks?:laugh:

I do have some questions about it though;
With the strip club/bar will i be eligible to enter? I am 18 and have proof, but i don't know the Ohio laws:shrug:.

Fully nude strip clubs are not able to service liquor, so those are usually 18+ Topless ones are 21+ as they serve liquor

Is there anything else requiring an age? Other than the driving events?
No, you should be fine there......

Are SVTs with 13years worth of scratches and cracks (Previous owner) accepted?
Not everybody has a trailer queen.......you'll see a wide variety of Contours some in show room condition, some that look like they have been to hell and back

Is there any for a price range for the entire event of SZ??
Im not sure what you are asking....Hotel room is $82 a night, try to get a a couple roomies to lower the cost. Add the registration cost, if you plan on racing at the drag strip add $15, if you plan on spectating at the drag strip add $10. If you plan on racing at Nelson Ledges add approx $150-185. Dont forget gas, tolls (there is only 1 toll road in Ohio that you most likely wont need to take), food, etc.

Will my back window be broken out because of my "decal" (of an otter that my brother drew for me and my car before his fatal car wreck:cry:.. See pics of my silfro, it had it if interested.)

Nobody will mess with your shizz.,.......it might get teabagged though

And finally; Will someone buy me drinks?:laugh:
NO, you must be 21 ;)

FWIW, I always honk and wave at the Sonic guy dressed up in the Cherry Limeaid costume :laugh: (He likes to head bang and play air guitar)

Nobody will mess with your shizz.,.......it might get teabagged though

NO, you must be 21 ;)

FWIW, I always honk and wave at the Sonic guy dressed up in the Cherry Limeaid costume :laugh: (He likes to head bang and play air guitar)

Cool, i have never been to a club.. Oddly enough:nonono:..

I am Ok with T-bagging, as long i can T-bag with the T-bagger!

Phooey on the booze:nonono:. No one wants to risk jail time for fun time?:laugh: Actually i don't drink, i was just seeing if anyone would.

I have never been that guy in the suit:nonono:.. But whoever does go out there always has fun it seems. Waving at people and making adult gestures at motorists:laugh:. I guess all the girls loved me to much and i was to good a skater to be off the floors:D.

Well, with my tax return i should be able to make this happen given that i am off work.
I will be defiantly driving my SVT. And i will see if i can get my gma to make "Monster Cookies"
Dunno what is in them but i guarantee that whoever tries one will LOVE it. Or i will give them 1 dollar.

Edit; Oh for the "estimated" amount for the event, i meant like with everything to be payed for (track, drag, all hotel days, etc) Do you have an estimate? I know it will vary for gas/meals/women*giggity*/broken grocery getter repairs/items sold.
Seeing how one could get lost in 30 pages of numbers and such i never could get estimate..

if you plan on doing EVERYTHING at SZ, I would guess around $300 (hotel room split 4 ways, drag strip, road course, registration). Then add in your gas, food, etc. I took $500 cash with me last year after I had paid for registration/hotel for 2 people. Just budget yourself, and dont spend your gas money to get home on hookers and blow.

keep in mind the drag strip and road course are optional costs. if you dont want to race you can save some money or budget it for other things on your trip.

if you plan on doing EVERYTHING at SZ, I would guess around $300 (hotel room split 4 ways, drag strip, road course, registration). Then add in your gas, food, etc. I took $500 cash with me last year after I had paid for registration/hotel for 2 people. Just budget yourself, and dont spend your gas money to get home on hookers and blow.

keep in mind the drag strip and road course are optional costs. if you dont want to race you can save some money or budget it for other things on your trip.

That seems like a good idea. A certain amount to spend after registration and all that fun stuff.
And i was thinking hookers and something else. But not blow:eek:.

Hey could you send me the letter you are sending the companies I might be able to help you out with some stuff

Back