• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Spring Zing Akron, Ohio May 19-22, 2011

Hmmmm....maybe ill need to get my passport soon so I can attend with #5906...hopefully shes done by then. It would be my first SZ :)

Caravan it down? Done.

Although I will be trailering my car, I thought the idea was to drive and show everyone your cars. I can't wait to see some other Contours, don't fly! Also please keep your pants up, those pictures are not going to help with attendance.
Rob

Rob, I can't wait to see and hear you're car!

Put it on your calendar and start saving the pennies. When someone says "hey, wanna go do this on May 19-22" you say "no can do, I has plans"
:D
but uhh, not if there's a death in the family. That'd be bad.

will do kim haha yes that'd be bad if there was a death but hopefully not i have it marked in the calender in my head and going to put it on my Ipod's calender and that is about income tax season so we should have plenty of pennys for this trip and its only 45 minutes from my town too
Oh and was wondering if we are getting shirts too...

Not meant as a hijack at all, but CougarFest will be in Columbus on the July 15-17 weekend. Y'all are welcome to show up for that as well...

2.5L is out...
3L ready to order
Interior clean
Car in works for paint
MSDS headers aquired
ST200 UIM obtained

I have so much to go....

You mean ST220 UIM Sam?

Also, what happens Thurs. the 19th?
I have to catch a plane up to MN on the 20th, but might be able to stop over only on Thursday.
Still bummed it had to be this weekend :(
-J

You mean ST220 UIM Sam?

Also, what happens Thurs. the 19th?
I have to catch a plane up to MN on the 20th, but might be able to stop over only on Thursday.
Still bummed it had to be this weekend :(
-J

My Thursday plan would be for a Ford plant tour in the afternoon with drag strip in the evening. That all depends on what the 2011 schedule for the road course looks like though, Im still waiting for them to finalize their schedule so I know when their open track days are. If their open track day doesnt fall on the Friday of Spring Zing I will be looking into renting the track on Thursday.

Just wanted to say thanks for all the work you've put into making a great event for us thusfar.
:thumbsup:

ahhh....the fun is just getting started! I got a quote from the hotel that was actually MORE than booking on expedia, travelocity, or the actual hotel website....I got that resolved. Then they only want to give us the banquet room if we have them cater, which was not part of my plan, its $400 for the room if they do not cater. So, Ill be taking a look at their catering menu within the next few days and making my decision.

I'm starting to feel the pressure!!! I really want this to be a top notch event :cool:

Not trying to burst your bubble, but it sounds like a damn •••••y hotel....

its a nice place, and perfect location wise.....you're going to have to pay a price for convieniance :shrug:
if you want a $35 a night budget inn I can arrange that

No no that's not what I mean. I'm worried about them not tolerating our shenanigans.

OH, well in that case....I could care less, they got 25 rooms reserved for 3 nights at $82 a night AND most likely catering our banquet. So thats $6k for the rooms and at the very least $1800 for food, they can deal with us for 3 days IMO

Back