• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

First Cars

Here's some photos of what I drove for a first car. Don't laugh too hard.

66forcou___4sw1.jpg

another example

33_196620Ford20Country20Squire.jpg

8ehpp8z.jpg

1974 Chevrolet Nova

I got this when I was 15. It was my great aunt's car with nearly 42k original miles. It only had the 250 inline six, so it was better suited to be a truck than a car. I have a lot of good memories in that car....

Last edited:
Here's some photos of what I drove for a first car. Don't laugh too hard...

A 1966 Country Squire? What's wrong with that? I'm not laughing. You could open the back as a tailgate or a door -- pretty handy for unloading or sitting around quaffing a couple of beers in the driveway. :cool:

A 1966 Country Squire? What's wrong with that? I'm not laughing. You could open the back as a tailgate or a door -- pretty handy for unloading or sitting around quaffing a couple of beers in the driveway. :cool:

Exactly what I did too, not to mention sleeping in the back a few times. On those oldies when you folded down the rear seat it was great.

33_196620Ford20Country20Squire.jpg

What's wrong with that? "Hey baby, hop in! Lots of room in the back."

Having one of those in high school could be sweet. Think of what you wanted to do at that age in your first car. Then think of those same things in a Neon. :D

another example

OMFG!!!!
one of my good friends in high school had a '67 Country Squire!!!
that fuggin car rocked!!!

thats what made me interested in wagons and pointed me in the direction of my second car:
wagon1.jpg

OMFG!!!!
one of my good friends in high school had a '67 Country Squire!!!
that fuggin car rocked!!!

thats what made me interested in wagons and pointed me in the direction of my second car:
wagon1.jpg

Red X there, bud, but might you be talking about a certain Fairlane wagon that threw BTUs sufficient to melt the tundra for miles around?

Red X there, bud, but might you be talking about a certain Fairlane wagon that threw BTUs sufficient to melt the tundra for miles around?
no clue why you get a red X...
but yes that is the '63 Fairlane Squire i told you about

can you read english? look above the pictures and you will see, first car, 2, 3, and 4 :shrug:

He said "through your lifetime" so I'm guessing he understands and doesn't think its all at once.

1, 2, and 3 I just parted with. I just keep upgrading. I actually have 2 cars right now, but I didn't show the other one. I have the 3l SE and SVT #135. I don't keep cars for very long... I get bored.

Oh... and I'm only 19. I haven't even had my license 2 years :laugh:

He said "through your lifetime" so I'm guessing he understands and doesn't think its all at once.

1, 2, and 3 I just parted with. I just keep upgrading. I actually have 2 cars right now, but I didn't show the other one. I have the 3l SE and SVT #135. I don't keep cars for very long... I get bored.

Oh... and I'm only 19. I haven't even had my license 2 years :laugh:

Yea I was pretty sure you didn't have 1,2 or 3 anymore as in your signature it names all of them and saying "former owner of"

As for being 19 and having 4 in a row. Bite me ;)

my first car was a 92 Ford Tempo, it was a peach/pink color, but it didn't look like that when I first look at it at night. needless to say it was the right price and miles at the time.

anyway I drove it, then my brother, then my father until it was donated

my next car was a 95 Mystique LS

then a 99 Contour Se Sport

and then a 00 SVT Contour

I presently still have the last three ...

Last edited:
Back