• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Video of Blitz Exhaust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
And let me guess, your sole mission is to slash and burn everyone in your path that is corrupting these forums? Do you march with Hilary in Washington too?

No. But hopefully a few people can see the light. I remember when I was 14 and I thought that LED washer bulbs were TEH COOLEST EVAR! With the right influence, I was able to grow out of that phase. I'm hoping to be that right influence for any other misguided youth.

No. But hopefully a few people can see the light. I remember when I was 14 and I thought that LED washer bulbs were TEH COOLEST EVAR!

Well I'm just going to fill you in.
1. We aren't all made of money. Not claiming you are so don't jump down my throat again about putting yourself through college.
2. We do stuff a bit at a time. This is because we aren't made of money. If my kit is unpainted, who cares? I'll get it painted when I damn well please. See #1 if you must.
3. We know zetecs aren't "race" cars. Hell, they might be grandma cars. But I'm going to let you know that with a little work they make a decent car with a little bit of pep. If i want to put a body kit on there, I will.
4. There is no light. Their car, their mods, their money, their time. Unless you are footing the bill, shut up, because quite frankly, i think i speak for everyone in saying you are negative, condescending and a pain in the ass when it comes to posting on here.

Drive your damn 3L SVT and love it. We'll drive our "ricer" zetecs and enjoy it too.

2. We do stuff a bit at a time. This is because we aren't made of money. If my kit is unpainted, who cares? I'll get it painted when I damn well please. See #1 if you must.

I'm actually really really curious as to why people do this, as it's something I've never understood. Do people think it's cool to drive around with an unpainted body kit? Do they believe that seeing those primered bumpers makes women yearn for them? Why not wait until you can afford the paint job to put the kit on?

4. There is no light. Their car, their mods, their money, their time.

And that's exactly the kind of attitude that gave Honda the reputation it has today. I'm sick of all the people saying "LOL I THINK ITS UGLY BUT HE WORKED HARD ON IT SO COOL LOL." Call a turd a turd.

Unless you are footing the bill, shut up, because quite frankly, i think i speak for everyone in saying you are negative, condescending and a pain in the ass when it comes to posting on here.

Sorry.

Drive your damn 3L SVT and love it. We'll drive our "ricer" zetecs and enjoy it too.

"Enjoy your vacation at sea while I'm here making mud pies."

I'm actually really really curious as to why people do this, as it's something I've never understood. Do people think it's cool to drive around with an unpainted body kit? Do they believe that seeing those primered bumpers makes women yearn for them? Why not wait until you can afford the paint job to put the kit on?

How does it affect you is all i have to ask?
I personally had a legitimate reason. The seller of my car (old woman) ran it into a pole when she shouldve throw it in reverse. The front bumper cover, reinforcement bar, and headlight mount were cracked. I had plans to kit it anyway, so i killed two birds with one stone.

There. Curiosity satisfied.

And that's exactly the kind of attitude that gave Honda the reputation it has today. I'm sick of all the people saying "LOL I THINK ITS UGLY BUT HE WORKED HARD ON IT SO COOL LOL." Call a turd a turd.

There are opinions and then there is "better than thow" attitude. Maybe you should take a look around you and figure out that you are no better than anyone else. You are sick of it? Don't care.

This is also why the vast majority of people on these forums are fed up with you. A nicer way to approach the situation would be to say "Not sure why you put the kit on unpainted, but it'll look a lot better once painted." Not that hard.
People skills are key in life my friend.

Do they believe that seeing those primered bumpers makes women yearn for them? Why not wait until you can afford the paint job to put the kit on?

Do you honestly believe that most people do stuff to their car to impress women as i already have a girlfriend (been together almost 4 years)? I know i didnt do anything i did to my car for women. I did it because i wanted to prove to people like you that a zetec contour can be just as fast/faster than an SVT contour.

BTW, the girlfriend happens to like the zetec better than the SVT :p

Edit: Purple, This is an internet forum. If you dont like it, too bad. you dont have to look at it. if you do look at it and dont like it then either dont say anything or leave some constructive criticism. its not that hard of a concept.

Last edited:
How does it affect you is all i have to ask?

I've already made that clear

There. Curiosity satisfied.

But obviously you're in the minority

There are opinions and then there is "better than thow" attitude. Maybe you should take a look around you and figure out that you are no better than anyone else.

Are you making the claim that all opinions are equally valid? That no one can truly be "right?"

This is also why the vast majority of people on these forums are fed up with you.

Yet again, I'd looooove to see the evidence you have to back that one up. I'm sure there are a few Zetec owners that get pissed whenever I talk about them in a negative manner, but seriously...vast majority?

A nicer way to approach the situation would be to say "Not sure why you put the kit on unpainted, but it'll look a lot better once painted." Not that hard.

Except that would be a lie. It will still look dumb, even when painted.

People skills are key in life my friend.

And whether you believe it or not, I have them. There are different ways to react in different situations, and unfortunately you don't like the method I chose here.

Do you honestly believe that most people do stuff to their car to impress women as i already have a girlfriend (been together almost 4 years)?

I never said that. It's just one hypothesis I put forth.

I know i didnt do anything i did to my car for women. I did it because i wanted to prove to people like you that a zetec contour can be just as fast/faster than an SVT contour.

And you did a great job. For what it's worth, I have a lot of respect for you. You're smart, you have a lot of knowledge, and you do have a great car.

Both my girlfriend and my sister like my SVT loads better than the Zetec.

Edit: Purple, This is an internet forum. If you dont like it, too bad. you dont have to look at it. if you do look at it and dont like it then either dont say anything or leave some constructive criticism. its not that hard of a concept.

These same things apply to you. If you don't like what I'm saying, feel free not to read it or respond to it.

Do you honestly believe that most people do stuff to their car to impress women as i already have a girlfriend (been together almost 4 years)? I know i didnt do anything i did to my car for women. I did it because i wanted to prove to people like you that a zetec contour can be just as fast/faster than an SVT contour.

well spoken. most girl havent the slightest ideas about cars. ive had girls who didnt notice my fender was smashed and that like the 14" steelies. Its a fact ive come to learn, guys dont work on car to impress girls. they do it to impress other guys.

i got nothing against your opinion thought, as it is yours not mine.

Last edited:
I never said that. It's just one hypothesis I put forth.
i know you didnt say it. you did imply it, which is why i asked.

And you did a great job. For what it's worth, I have a lot of respect for you. You're smart, you have a lot of knowledge, and you do have a great car.

Thanks you

These same things apply to you. If you don't like what I'm saying, feel free not to read it or respond to it.

indeed it does. thats why i havent bashed you personally. i replied to your original post about zetecs being slow with sarcasm (although after looking back at it its not very obvious) because i dont care what anyone says or thinks about my car or anyone else's unless i specifically ask for opinions.

its just easy to get you going ;) :laugh::laugh:

devanmc said:
Its a fact ive come to learn, guys dont work on car to impress girls. they do it to impress other guys.

so true

If it doesn't cost much then why not throw on a couple mods? I have done exhaust and am doing intake, are you going to rag on me? Guys chill out. I think this thread needs to be closed, seriously.

i second that and will be reporting this when im done writing this. Though i figure atleast one of our very active mods has seen it already.

Next time click on the offending post rather than the first post in the thread, that makes things easier to weed through. ;)

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. If you dont like someone's opinion, it's not worth crying about - and especially not worth crudding up someone's thread.
Sick of Purple's opinions? put him on your ignore list, rather than calling him out and hijacking a thread.

Take the bickering to pm's please.

lol i will try next time, i just didnt really know which one that would be lol :shrug:anyways thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back